“Clean, basic hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Minneapolis
“Clean, basic hotel”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Needed a place to stay while my daughter was attending her college orientation at Loyola. Most of the hotels in the area were booked, but this one had availability. The bathroom was so tiny it was difficult to get ready in the morning, but other than that, it was a very clean hotel room. I felt comfortable sleeping, quiet hotel. O.k., shopping and a few restaurants nearby. The hotel restaurant was actually VERY good, I had crab cakes and I think they were the best I have ever had! Other than that, pretty decent hotel.

Room Tip: I would get a room as high up as possible-the view of the parking lot and tired old neighborhood is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Mommyoffive,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry you found our bathrooms to be too small, but am happy to hear the rest of the hotel was satisfactory. I'm glad you enjoyed Jameson's Charhouse and their crab cakes!

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A weekend visit for a college fraternity national conference. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm chocolate cookie and a friendly smile! The hotel was reasonably priced, clean, efficient and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Lindl C,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our chocolate chip cookie that our staff welcomed you with!

New York area, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel staff very accommodating; restaurant staff excellent; food is superb; great experience overall! This and other Doubletree hotels always do it right. whether or not you're a Hilton Honors member! Thanks for a good three days and nights!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Marilyn C,

chicago, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

the phone did not work to call out and the bathroom could have been larger also I had to go to the cleaning lady to get wash cloths as none of them were replaced The lighting could be brighter. These are small things but I feel its the small things that count

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandy W,

I am sorry that the phone was not working and for your washcloths not being replaced. I can assure you I will follow up with my Engineers and Housekeepers in regards to these matters.

skokie, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Would be nice to have complimentary coffee in the lobby and Wi-Fi in the rooms instead of only in the lobby. The rooms are clean and the hotel is convenient to the train but taking a cab is necessary to get to the rail since drivers are not readily available.

Dear W K,

I am sorry we do not have complimentary coffee in our lobby, but we do provide it complimentary in our rooms. We also have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the DoubleTree in Skokie for the Northwestern University Commencement activities in 2014. Our original intent was to have stayed in Evanston for this event, but as one can imagine if you don't book early, it's nearly impossible to find a reasonable rate in Evanston. Fortunately, the DoubleTree still had rooms at a reasonable rate and I am pleased to say it was a great choice, as it is convenient driving distance to both Evanston and the major highways around Chicago, and they were well-prepared for the volume of guests -- with the minor exception of the breakfast service, which seemed a little overwhelmed. If you are without car, I believe they have a shuttle and it is possible to entertain oneself at the Old Orchard mall across the road. The rooms are large, well appointed, and well insulated from the surrounding sound. I had good interactions with the front desk staff, and they were especially accomodating with the NU graduation, having arranged shuttle services to the campus. Hesitant as I am to admit, I was runnning unusually late the morning of commencement, missed the shuttle, but the staff readily provided a taxi for me at their cost. Excellent service and a great value.

Room Tip: There aren't spectacular immediate views, so best to get a room on a high floor.
Dear awanless,

I am very happy to hear you found our entire team to be friendly and helpful and your stay an enjoyable one! I am glad we were able to accommodate you with a complimentary taxi ride to Northwestern.

Forest, VA, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. Room was great, bathroom itself was small, but no biggie. Had everything I needed. Used the Fitness Center which was very good. Had the breakfast buffet, which was very good. Liked the fact we were near the outdoor mall and was able to walk over to eat easily.

Dear Jacqueline O,

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!