“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
New Jersey
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel in central and convenient location out side of Chicago. Only a short drive to the EL for a trip into the city. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby. Workout facilities are a little small and dreary but fine for a short workout.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear CSFNJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do. I am sorry to hear you found our fitness center to be too small, but am glad you took advantage of it while you were here. I will speak the management team to see how we can improve upon this

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our four-day stay at this hotel was very good in every way. The excellent facility was priced very well, but the best part of our stay was the outstanding, friendly and personable service provided by the staff. They went out of their way to help us with any questions we had and to make us feel welcome. Each person we worked with was pleasant, positive, personable and professional. Thanks to the staff and management for making our Chicago trip a great experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear SteveGOhio,

I was extremely happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do.

phoenix, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great value for the price....nice room, clean , great service...very comfortable. Located with easy access to major freeways, and only 30 minutes from the airport. The only mediocre experience was room service.

Dear Victor O,

While I am glad to hear that your room was a great value and clean and the service was good, I am sorry to hear your room service wasn't the best experience. Would you mind emailing me about this? I'd love to hear how we can improve in any way.

We look forward to you staying with us again real soon and I look forward to hearing from you!

Ft. Wayne, In., United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel areas as well as the room were very clean and comfortable. The warm cookie at check-in was a very nice surprise. Attached restaurant had excellent food and service. Other opportunites for after busiiness hours are available within walking distance of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Janet D,

I am very happy to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one, and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable!

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came with relatives from Alberta to show them a Chicago experience. My neighbour told me about the hotel and how easy to take the train into the city. All of us loved the Hotel and the great shopping around the hotel. Staff were great at telling us about the train system. We had a great time in Chicago and it was so easy to get back to Skokie Hilton Hotel. We would definitely come back and stay at Skokie again.

Dear Lo-anne H,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for two nights as a wind-down before taking a long road vacation. One thing I need to state up front: I avoid staying at Doubletrees because typically we have absolutely horrible experiences. This was an exception. Staff were capable but not overly friendly (better than rude at other Doubletrees). Love the lobby and the areas in the hallways where you can sit and relax, or even do work. Strong wifi signal (and it's free) -- except in outdoor pool area the wifi was spotty and no outlets outdoors.
We spent much of one afternoon at the pool, and also another evening. It's outdoor and indoor, and you can swim underneath the partition to go from one to the other. We really enjoyed the outdoor pool area with its couches and the walls that protect you from wind.
The room itself was small. All I could get were two double beds (SMALL doubles) -- and I paid $10/night for an "upgrade" to a "deluxe" 2 Double room. I can't imagine that a standard could be smaller, really, but we did have a chair in our room, which was probably the difference.
As others reviewed, the bathroom is TIGHT -- the door practically hits the toilet.
Parking was free and sufficient. Be aware that "North Shore" does not mean you are near the Lake Michigan shore. You're not. You are, however, very near an outdoor mall that is lovely.
I'd probably stay here again, but only if I could get a larger room at a decent price.

Dear OverseerDrT,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and several of the amenities our hotel has to offer, such as the pool.

I am sorry you found our room and bathroom to be tight. Please contact me the next time you choose to stay here and I will make sure we we get you the best room available!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

During my stay I had a great experience with the majority of the staff, food in the restaurant was great and the Hot cookie upon arrival was nice; but I found the bathroom to be some what problematic. The set up was not at all a good design (see photo), but this is the only issues I had with the room. One thing that surprised me was the Hotel had no scale in which to weigh luggage (a $10.00 item). But make no mistake the overall experience was great, especially Adam and Fehad (shuttle drivers and bell staff), very friendly and professional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear OverseerDrT,

I am sorry to hear that you found our bathroom to be problematic. This is an issue we are continuing to look in to. I would also like to apologize that we did not have a scale to weigh your luggage, an issue we have since resolved by ordering a few. I'm sorry we did not have them here for you.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Adam and Farhad! I will be sure to share your praise with them.

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!