“Issues unresolved”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
“Issues unresolved”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel over all was great. Just a few unresolved issues that was out of the norm for this property. I have stayed at this property three times before and this was the first time I was made to feel like a bother.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear CSFNJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues during your stay with us, and that they have since gone unresolved. I would also like to apologize that you felt like a bother to whomever you spoke with.

Could you please email me some additional information regarding your stay? I want to hear what went wrong and where we need to improve.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to your response.

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is simply amazing, it is really modern, clean and the service is excellent , and they even give you delicious cookies.
Simply luv it, really like it and it is really recommended, I wanted to be in chicago but at the in I had to stay here but was so nice that didnt matter to go 3 miles to chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear vane627,

I was extremely happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do. I'm glad you found the location to Chicago accessible for you!

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Skokie, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was remodeled approximately five? years ago, so I was anticipating a newer-looking room. The bedroom section was acceptable; however, the mattress was on the soft side, for a middle-aged person. I ordered extra towels, online, which were supposed to have appeared in my room, but did not. The bathroom was extremely small, and the bathroom details, such as caulking and resurfacing of the bathtub, were not acceptable for this price hotel. I was able to pay $125.00 per night, which was non-refundable. That price was more in keeping with the experience that I had at this hotel. No pay per view, which is a minus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fern B,

I was sorry to read of the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay with us. I understand how frustrating these things can be, especially when all you'd like to do is relax in a comfortable hotel room. I'm sorry this wasn't the case with us.

Would you mind emailing me some information about your stay, such as dates and the room you were in? I would like to figure out where we went wrong.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

lake geneva, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is well located to Old Orchard Mall and Evanston, IL. We booked it as a cheap night and opportunity to visit friends in Evanston. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the lobby has undergone a renovation. It is really quite a smart looking place for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kirsten L,

I was extremely happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do. I'm glad you like our lobby renovation!

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was super clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was excellent, and the beds are the most comfortable, that I have ever had In a hotel stay. This is my first stay at a Double Tree and it was very nice. I also was able to use the pool, and it was very nice. The family wedding reception was also held in the hotel. and everything, food included was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Deborah S,

I was very happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do.

Forsyth, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The design and décor is first class. Likewise, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The entire facility was very clean, and the daily maid service was impeccable. The pool facilities were perfect for our kids, and the restaurant on the property was great. All in all, I would highly recommend staying here.

Dear Chad M,

skokie, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

arrived on a Friday late afternoon, after traveling with an 11 and 3 year old. ordered room service. black hair on my napkin when unwrapped it.. floor was dirty also with black hair that it got on our feet and towels that I had sat on the floor for the girls to eat dinner. the 11 year old lost her appetite. Bath towels also full of black hair.. none of us in the room had long black hair. they did comp me one nights stay when I told them at check out. after had to go down and get key reactivated, I had requested late check out for 2pm since in town due to a family emergency.. will not stay there again..... DIRTY ROOMS!!!!!!

Dear Barbara W,

I am sorry to hear about the incidents with the linen from room service and with the towels in your room. I'm glad we took care of the charges for a night you were here, but understand how that still doesn't correct everything.

Would you mind emailing me in regards to this matter? I'd like more information about the room you were in among other things, so that I may dig into this and figure out why it happened. I assure this is not the norm for our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to your response.

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!