“Perfect place for out of town visitors”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect place for out of town visitors”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My son graduated this year and several members of my family decided to come and see him off. I planned to book them downtown in Chicago, but realized it was a very busy week and traffic would be pretty slow. I chose Double Tree in Skokie, because it was a straight shot for my family to get there from the west. I also chose it because it was directly across from a large shopping mall area with many fine restaurants. My family loved the location, the hotel was clean and although it was very busy, they received top service. The convenience of checking in and dropping off their luggage before coming into Chicago was an added plus and they avoided having to go downtown through the heavier traffic. Hotel has a nice pool area also as we enjoyed hanging out and swimming in the afternoon.

Room Tip: the parking is in the front and on the left side of the building, so if you need quiet, choose the b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Easytoplease338,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Porter Ranch
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Located right across from Old Orchard Shopping Mall. Large rooms and beds comfortable, but older air-conditioning system and decor. Friendly staff. Breakfast available in restaurant next door or across street at IHOP.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear joyceedelson,

While I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location, large rooms, and comfortable beds...I am sorry to hear that you found our hotel and air conditioner units to be old.

I can assure you we take this information very seriously, and are always looking to improve upon guest experience.

Thank you for your feedback, and look forward to your hopeful return.

Inkster, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Skokie DoubleTree Hotel is an awesome property. In the area around the hotel theres tons of shopping and eateries and its just a great location - minutes from Downtown Chicago too! - Skokie Doubletree is agreat location for a stay or conference.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Edith M,

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location was convenient to shopping, and the adjoining restaurant was awesome. The staff was courteous and went above the call duty. Double Tree should appreciate all their employees. In this day and age of customer service they are truly the asset you need on your books.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lee_WilliamsIII,

I was extremely happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do. I am very happy you found our staff to be kind and courteous.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel over all was great. Just a few unresolved issues that was out of the norm for this property. I have stayed at this property three times before and this was the first time I was made to feel like a bother.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear CSFNJ,

I am sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues during your stay with us, and that they have since gone unresolved. I would also like to apologize that you felt like a bother to whomever you spoke with.

Could you please email me some additional information regarding your stay? I want to hear what went wrong and where we need to improve.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to your response.

Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is simply amazing, it is really modern, clean and the service is excellent , and they even give you delicious cookies.
Simply luv it, really like it and it is really recommended, I wanted to be in chicago but at the in I had to stay here but was so nice that didnt matter to go 3 miles to chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear vane627,

I was extremely happy to read your review of your stay with us! I will be sure to share it with my entire team, as it inspires us in everything we do. I'm glad you found the location to Chicago accessible for you!

Skokie, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was remodeled approximately five? years ago, so I was anticipating a newer-looking room. The bedroom section was acceptable; however, the mattress was on the soft side, for a middle-aged person. I ordered extra towels, online, which were supposed to have appeared in my room, but did not. The bathroom was extremely small, and the bathroom details, such as caulking and resurfacing of the bathtub, were not acceptable for this price hotel. I was able to pay $125.00 per night, which was non-refundable. That price was more in keeping with the experience that I had at this hotel. No pay per view, which is a minus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fern B,

I was sorry to read of the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay with us. I understand how frustrating these things can be, especially when all you'd like to do is relax in a comfortable hotel room. I'm sorry this wasn't the case with us.

Would you mind emailing me some information about your stay, such as dates and the room you were in? I would like to figure out where we went wrong.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark.Stangle2@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!