“Best hotel bed I have ever slept in”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights for a family funeral. We had a suite and an adjoining room. They were so accomodating with roll aways, extra towels, pillows. Awesome fitness center with your own TV on your treadmill to watch what you want. Hot and cold self serve breakfast from 6-10 every day for free. Old Orchard Mall (upscale mall) right across the street. They had an indoor pool too, but we didn;t use it. All I can say is the beds are the most amazing I have ever slept in in an hotel. So comfy. I slept well. Hotel is very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear kathy728,

Thanks for a great review! We're glad you loved our beds and other amenities we offer. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in June 2011. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was great and although it was busy it was nicely stocked.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
HamptonSkokie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We hope the wedding was even more enjoyable than your stay.

We appreciate being a part of your weekend celebration and look forward to welcoming you & your wife again in the future!

Take care,

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Pat in the Breakfast area has a nickname, it's "Nana", and it describes the meaning completely.
This was a family weekend trip and on our last morning we met "Nana" who put a smile on my daughters faces at 6:30am.
We happen to catch this hotel in a completely sold out weekend, but with the amount of lobby space and number of elevators operating smoothly you could not tell the difference.
We were able to get the upgrade Suite so my girls could go to sleep early while my wife and I relaxed on the couch for an hour or so.
The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was always clean, the hot water came on right away, and the breakfast made my 5 and 7 year old girls happy. Parking was ample close to a mall. The Fitness Center for Hampton Inn was quite large with free weights which was the icing on the cake for me. I would return and stay here for sure.

Room Tip: Make sure the air vents are turned toward your bed or the kitchen area so you have good air circulat...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RoadWariorSalesman
HamptonSkokie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear RoadWariorSalesman,

We love our Nana! We've told her all about her popularity on TripAdvisor and she is truly honored to be remembered.

We're glad your family, especially your little girls enjoyed their stay. Thank you for your review. It means a lot to us!

Safe travels, RoadWariorSalesman!

Till next time,

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My family was in the Chicago area to visit my daughter. I traveled with my elderly in-laws and two grandchildren ages 4 and 11. The hotel was great from our greeting when we arrived to the great pool for the children. I would like to thank the young lady at the front desk who was so sweet to my 4 year old granddaughter each time she saw her in the lobby she had a lollipop for her, thank you. Again we had a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank ACD50

Dear ACD50,

Thanks for such a nice review! Ilda was the gal at our front desk who had a lollipop up her sleeve every time your granddaughter passed by. I've forwarded your compliment to her; she's grateful for your feedback!

At your service,

Reviewed 12 September 2011

After researching many hotels for our Chicago trip I finally settled on this one, this hotel is awsome the proximity to downtown is less than 30 min, complementary breakfast is great! Sanya at front desk is the best and Pat from the kitchen oh my gosh! what can I say a real GEM!! if you are looking for a Hotel in Chicago not to far from the city this is the one, we drove down so I can't comment about public transportation overall awsome Hotel and will be staying there again!

1  Thank Daydee
HamptonSkokie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Daydee,

Thanks for the great review! I have forwarded your comments to Sanja & Pat; both are humbled by your kind words.

While most take public transportation into the city, we're glad you also had an easy drive downtown. Let us take you & your family to the Skokie Swift (train station) next time you're in town - another great way to get in & around Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you & your family again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 24 August 2011

After checking out many hotels in the area we chose the Hampton Inn in Skokie because of the great reviews it got and we weren't disappointed. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were a bit small leaving little room to move around in, but they were clean and we didn't see any bed bugs! The complimentary breakfast in the morning was fabulous. It was so nice to grab an omelet, yogurt, fruit, waffle and coffee before heading out to the big city. The shuttles were really convenient and on time to get to restaurants and the subway station. We had to deal with a thunderstorm one morning and they umbrellas in the lobby that were available to borrow were a big hit! Definetly recommend this hotel and the Ruby Tuesdays attached to it.

1  Thank lisa E
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites this past weekend. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and our suite was roomy and spotless with everything we needed. The beds were extremely comfortable with lots of pillows.
The hotel offers a wonderful hot breakfast and has a good restaurant on site with a huge salad bar and good food.
They offered us a ride to Old Orchard and restaurants if we needed it.
Thanks to the Hampton for a GREAT STAY!!!!

1  Thank JEANNE3543
HamptonSkokie, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Dear JEANNE3543,

We are honored to be your 1st excellent rating on TripAdvisor! Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay.

Our shuttle is loved by many; we're glad you were able to take advantage of it as well. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you to Chicago's North Shore.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!