“very courteous staff with good location and good sleep quality; elevators worked great--no lines or waiting”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here in order to attend a diving meet at Northwestern University in Evanston. This place is located so as to be fairly close to NU but also gave easy access to the interstate to go to Chicago proper. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast they included had more variety than many and apparently a lot of people liked it because the room was packed every day we were there. Unlike many hotels where you have to use elevators, they had enough here that one didn't waste any time waiting for one. That was very nice. They had plenty of luggage carts available to transport luggage as well which also sets them apart from other establishments where they have so few that often there isn't one available. The room was clean and well maintained and the HDTV worked very well. They had a good number of channels available and the picture quality was good. In short, there was a lot to like about this place. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are about the same. Would not be concerned about a room on upper floors beca...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Greetings, John!

Thanks for choosing us as your home away from home while attending the dive meet at Northwestern University. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

The weekend of your stay was certainly a busy one, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the rest of our team.

Janice Alvarez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a great location for events at Northwestern or for anyone that wants to shop at Westfield Old Orchard Mall. We had a great stay. The hotel was very crowded for a dive meet. The staff was super helpful and there never seemed to be a problem being prepared for the crowd. When we needed additional items (rollaway, pillows, toothpaste, etc.) the service was friendly, unrushed and prompt.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings, SSStruessel!

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay. We hope the dive meet activities did not pose an inconvenience while staying with us.

If there is anything we can do to make your future stay more comfortable, please let us know!

Northern CA
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We continue to stay at this hotel for our annual trips to visit my husband's mother. This time there was a family event that resulted in six different rooms/types. We were very, very happy with our one bedroom suite connecting to another double queen room. All rooms were clean, well equipped and maintained.

The breakfast has enough variety to suit a number of dietary needs/requirements. All staff members always took time for a cherry "hello." The staff in the breakfast room kept their environment clean, and well maintained.

The laundry was clean. The shuttle was excellent for a free trip within three miles of the site. Ruby Tuesdays, the onsite restaurant, had a variety of foods for all budgets. I had made a grocery store trip. I was able to add a few room service items to my homemade meals. Prices were reasonable at the restaurant and for room service. Room service was prompt and pleasant and willing to make modifications.

This will continue to be my "go to" hotel for the area. The hotel prices are very reasonable given enough time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank patsyannie
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear patsyannie,

It sounds like you know how to find a deal! You can definitely save by booking early!

It's great to know your family enjoyed our hotel overall. We are truly humbled by your kind words. I have shared your comments with our team, and we all are grateful for your feedback.

Let us know if there is anything we can do so that your future stays are even more comfortable.

Janice
Silverdale
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Bed was comfortable. Close proximity to shops. Breakfast could have a better variety, but the tropical fruit, sausage and bagels were yummy. Internet was good. Lobby was comfy. Great that their attached to Ruby Tuesday, the bartender was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank love2travelx4
Greetings, love2travelx4!

We're glad you enjoyed you girls' weekend. Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay.

Our breakfast selections are rotated daily for variety. We serve an egg & meat option in addition to our continental spread featuring freshly-made waffles, oatmeal, breakfast breads, and more. Breakfast bags with a mix of items are also available for those on the go!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I visited Chicago to be with my 26 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma). She wanted me to meet her doctors and be with her for a while. Due to various reschedulings, I had to extend my stay at Hampton Inn a few times. I didn't know until the night before that I would have to extend my stay. The staff (Sarah and Linda) were friendly, helpful, and extended my stay with no problems. They did this without ever knowing why I was having to extend so often. Because of their extreme hospitality, I was able to end each day peacefully. The hotel itself was well maintained and in a perfect location for me. Lots of restaurants are nearby as well. I can't say enough about this particular Hampton Inn and Suites. To Sarah and Linda.... You didn't know my story, but you sure made my stay there as pleasant as it could possibly be. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank davidlspicer
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear davidlspicer,

Thank you for choosing Hampton Skokie as your recent home away from home.

Given the circumstances, we truly appreciate the time you took to write about your experience. Your comments are valued, and I'm sure that Linda & Sarah are humbled by your kind words.

Please send our well wishes to your daughter. We look forward to welcoming you back with great news on her recovery.

Maryland
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Located across from the Old Orchard Mall, this hotel has been very convenient for my trips to Evanston. The Mall has plenty of eateries and shops and the hotel is just off of I-94. The complimentary breakfast is excellent (eggs/omelets/yogurts/fruit/cereals/sausage/potatoes/juices, etc).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank UKenthusiast
Greetings, UKenthusiast!

We appreciate your business & your review. We're glad you were comfortable during your stay.

If we may further assist with your future travel plans, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing Hampton.

Cheers,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The thought of having 10 girls sleepover at my house for my daughter's 12th birthday was too much so I decided to rent a suite at the Hampton Inn & Suites. From the moment I inquired about this to the moment we checked out the staff was agreeable, pleasant, available, and helpful. We were made to feel welcome and all of our needs were met. Whatever training the Hampton mgmt. team is providing is working. Other customers that I met, at the nicely appointed complimentary breakfast buffet, were also singing this location's praises and many were repeat customers. If you're looking for a hotel in this area, you won't be disappointed here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Hello, Becky!

Thanks for connecting on Trip Advisor. Happy belated 12th birthday to your daughter! We're glad it was a wonderful experience for all.

If we may further assist with a future staycation, let us know. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your daughter's birthday celebration.

Janice Alvarez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Rogers Park
Hampton Inn Chicago North - Loyola Station

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!