Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located just off I94 on Old Orchard Rd in Skokie. The Westfield Mall is within walking distance and there is a Ruby Tuesday downstairs. We got a king whirlpool tub suite for under $200 a night on a weekend. The room was very spacious and included a full size fridge and stove top stove and microwave with a sink and dishwasher. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The morning breakfast is also very nice and quite good. Our stay was awesome. We didn't get to partake in the Indoor pool. But, we looked at it and it was great.
Overall A++

Stayed: July 2014
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Greetings, CWat1260!

We appreciate your A++ rating. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

Many guests love our whirlpool suites. I'm glad you're one of them! It is quite spacious indeed.

Don't hesitate to connect with us when planning your next visit to Chicago's North Shore. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Take care,

Janice Alvarez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Hampton Inn, while not the newest, delivered with good maintenance and a great staff. The location is convenient and the parking is free, unlike many other options closer to the Loop. The only two, minor concerns (not really complaints) that we had were that the A/C was hard to control and that there was no switched exhaust fan in the bathroom (just the low-volume central system).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello, James!

We appreciate the feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad you found our team & location to be above par.

I have shared your comments with our operations team to ensure all items are considered when planning for our next remodel. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your experience. Let us know anytime we may be of assistance with your lodging needs in Chicago's North Shore.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I am from the area so I knew what was around but the gentleman that checked me in suggested restaurants - fast food, fine dining, healthy, etc. The charge for "incidentals" is $35. There is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby as well as ample seating.

The room was immaculate. The carpet was in great shape and was clean. The bed linen was pristine white and the bed itself was very comfortable. The room was a nice size with a large flat screen, HD television (with pay-per-view movies), a desk with ergonomic chair and another chair with an ottoman. The bathroom was extremely clean and was a nice size as well. Their toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and lotion) were Neutrogena. The only "minor" issue was the air conditioner only cooled the room sufficiently if I switched it to "high fan" rather than leaving it on "auto fan." I did not report this issue because the room was not uncomfortable temperature-wise, it just did not stay as cool as I liked without being on "high fan."

The fitness center has about 6 treadmills, 4 ellipticals and 2 bikes. There is a full set of dumbells, a set of medicine balls and benches. There is a water cooler in the fitness center as well.

The complimentary breakfast includes meat, eggs and waffles, as well as donuts, yogurt, fruit and juices. I will say that cranberry juice tasted a bit watered down.

I did not go to the pool area or use the business center.

The hotel is a block from Old Orchard Mall and there is a shuttle that will take you within a few miles.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay! This Hampton definitely had a Hilton flare to it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmgatty

Dear tmgatty,

Wow, thanks for a great review! We appreciate your keen attention to detail.

Any unused portion of the $35 incidental authorization upon arrival is released and returned back to your account. Please keep in mind that it may take 7-10 business days for your financial institution to post such credit back to your available funds.

If we may further assist with your future lodging needs in Chicago's North Shore, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing Hampton Skokie. We value your business and look forward to another opportunity to serve.

Take care,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Booked suites for family to stay during a weekend summer event. Spent 45 minutes with the front desk prior to guests arrival to pay for rooms, assign guests to the rooms, and make sure check in would be a breeze for the hotel and my guests. Upon guests arrival they were no longer assigned to the rooms and personalized welcome bags were not delivered. All that being said - their stay was pleasant and comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel offers room service. Rooms away from highway are recommended. Clean, basic Hampton Inn with lobby area to visit and grab a morning lite bite.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stay here every time I come to Evanston. But this time I experienced internet service interrupted several times. The air conditioner had to be turned on all day long to prevent bad smell. I guess our room was a smoking room before. Other than that, this is my favorite hotel in Evanston, which is clean and provides free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First room smelled musty, there was an air purifier on a metal cart running when we entered the room. We were given a second room. Bath tub drained very slowly. Doorknob fell off the door to bedroom suite. Sleeper soft was "unsleepable" with springs coming through the mattress; had to request folding beds to be brought in. My credit card was charged $35 in advance for any "possible additional purchases" and I had to call to make sure it was removed since we had no additional purchases. Price charged for this suite was in excess of $800 for two nights'; I suspect price-gouging as a result of the demand for rooms in the area due to numerous college graduations. Posting all this to Trip Advisor, etc. as I am a travel writer/blogger.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank Tess217
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Tess217,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was a very busy weekend of graduations indeed. Our rates, as with other hotels, fluctuate with supply & demand.

We’re very sorry that your family's experience as our guests failed your expectations. I have personally discussed the service issues with our chief engineer and he did confirm that the drain was in fact slow. It has been fixed to avoid any further inconvenience with other guests. He did not, however, see any deficiencies with the door knobs. I have asked him to double check to ensure that the knobs are secure. He also adjusted the sofa sleeper for added comfort.

With regard to the $35 bank authorization, we hold this amount for possible incidentals. It stays in pending status with your bank unless a charge is actually made. Upon check out, any unused funds are released immediately. It is dependent on the bank for when the hold is released and placed back into your available funds.

Thanks again for your feedback. We value your comments and will continually work to improve our guest experience. I will also send you a private message to further follow-up on your stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Front Desk staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Always bubbly and upbeat, attentive to my needs and questions about the area. Hotel is conveniently located for my business travel. Also close to great shopping mall. Guest room was clean and bed very comfortable. Fitness center had all the right equipment for working out on the road. Overall, an excellent week-long stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello, AshleyAb!

Thank you for the review on your recent stay. We're grateful to be your hotel of choice when traveling to Chicago's North Shore for business.

I'll be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping & front desk teams. They'll be happy to know their efforts are recognized & appreciated.

Please let us know anytime we can assist with your hotel needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Safe travels,

Janice Alvarez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!