“Interesting Latin Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Libertad

Libertad
Reserve with OpenTable
Libertad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 205 Restaurants in Skokie
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oakton & Lincoln
Northbrook
“Interesting Latin Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We dined here on Saturday night. It has been hard to get a reservation but when I saw they had an outdoor patio this was our chance. It was a great restaurant. The servers really cared whether you liked the food. They were able to describe the menu. My husband and I shared the squash stuffed with mushroom risotto - it was delicious. My husband ordered the arugula pear salad - he enjoyed it very much. He also ordered the sea bass which was very tasty. I had the shrimp (which comes with the heads) which also was very good. As I said we sat in the patio - you would never know you were in an alley/parking lot in Skokie - they enclosed the area with wooden fencing which had flower planters - and when it started to drizzle they opened huge square umbrellas (like you have in Europe) which covered most of the patio. We didn't need to go inside. Dinner for the 2 of us with a cosmo and a beer cost about $100 including tip. Make reservations in advance as this place was very busy!

• Visited June 2014

Chicago
“Enjoy a bit of the city in Skokie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I asked my friend - who lives in Skokie if he had been to this restaurant. He told me no. How could this be? This place is very good, even excellent. For being in Skokie it's a big surprise. Go if you have the opportunity. The wine list is very good, albeit short. The food was excellent. Service was a tad slow, but who cares when the drinks are good and the beer is cold. Go if you have the opportunity and you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
Northbrook
“What a Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a must, who would ever think a Chicago atmosphere would be located in Skokie. This is a very cozy ,small space that delivers a huge flavor of Latin cuisine. The minute you walk in you are greeted with a very friendly ,knowledgeable staff. The food has layers of flavors that are incredible. The cocktails are fantastic and just as unique as the menu. I highly recommend the Margarita that is made in a smoked glass with a shot of whiskey and a black salt rim....incredible!! Mushroom risotto stuffed acorn squash,goat cheese filled poblano,crab cakes the list is endless of amazing food.I live 20 minutes away,however this is my new go to,actually going again this weekend!! 3x in the last month!!bonus a great outdoor space!!

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Who Would Think It?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Who would think that Libertad would have a high end, top notch restaurant nestled in it's downtown area. The food was exceptional and the service perfect. The space is small and noise level is high but the tight seating allows you to hear and enjoy friends and food adequately. The small plates are enough for 2 to share so 3 - 4 plates per couple is more than enough. However, the menu is enticing so you either need to come back or eat a lot! Looking forward to the warmer weather and a return to this little gem with outdoor seating as an option. We ate the octopus, lamb chops, scallops and a salad. Later the table shared a yummy dessert. Don't miss out on this one. If you go early seating is easy but this place fills up.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“A Great Neighborhood Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I and another couple dined here for the first time after hearing raves from friends. Our server suggested 3-4 small plates. The small plates were a little larger than those I have had a tapas spots and a little more expensive. We each opted for 4 selections; both agreed that 3 would have been more than adequate. Every dish was fresh, flavorful and outstanding. We especially like the stuffed problem pepper. The service was excellent and not rushed. Being a store front location, the ambience is quaint and comfortable. We will be back again.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Libertad? Share your experiences!