Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Skokie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Designed by renowned architect Stanley Tigerman, the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center is one of Chicagoland's premier attractions. The Museum uses lessons from the Holocaust to focus attention on contemporary issues of genocide, intolerance, and inhumanity at home and worldwide.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Absolutely educational. Very well done. Surely one would learn something they did not know. I attended with husband, father, and a friend. Since my husband loves history, I had to promise to come again so he could absorb more. There is so much to see and learn even though one might not think so originally. I was very impressed with how well everything is presented.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A total walk into the Worlds darkest moments in history. From entry you are immersed into the Holocaust and its effect on the society.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Compact but well run museum with impressive exhibits.....well worth the trip. Check for updated exhibits and special events....ample, easy parking.....The mission of the museum stands as a counter to those who would let the horrors and lessons of the fade from our memory.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We need to remember the Holocaust and the lives that were brutally taken by an evil system. This small, but deeply moving place, allows us to take some time out of our busy lives to reflect and remember the men, women and children we lost.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My kids read milkweed by Jerry spinelli and had learned of World War II in school and I read the storyteller by Jodi picoult. My husband and I took them during spring break o it was a little crowded with kids and parents. I liked the set up of small places with information, artifacts and video clips that you could go through at your own pace. It was well spaced out and set up. Told a powerful story but not overwhelming for my preteens, they did have background though. I think everyone should have this experience. It is a necessary though solemn education. The afternoon was filled with thoughtful questions and conversations from my children.

1  Thank illinois101