“Excellent”
Review of Homing Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seasalter
Homing Park
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Spent a night here and what a great site. Plenty of space for the tent and the car. Toilets and showers were very clean and warm. Great idea to have the water so close. Washing up area was very clean. Good idea to have the metal drainers on the walls. The lady who did the cleaning was lovely. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
london
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at homing parks camping section in our trailer tent. Very nice camping section of a big caravan park each pitch had its own water point and electric point. Toilets and shower block is close enough for each pitch and very clean free hot water all the time good clean washing up area. Overal a very nice site. Now some issues or bad points. The rules say no no bikes. This is not enforced and even though i stopped my kids taking bike many others didnt its not really needed as a rule kids should be allowed to ride there bikes. The road noise is and can be quite loud and never seems to stop. The bar and pool area is a nice addition but the prices are a bit high. We would return happily but ill be taking the kids bikes next time.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank tanaban
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I cannot praise the staff enough, understanding,friendly, informative and most welcoming! I am hoping to purchase one of the quality caravans this beautiful site has to offer. It will become a place I can go to relax knowing the site is run to such high standards, very rare in today's lifestyle. Suitable for all ages, families, couples and single people. PERFECT in my world! Mrs.D.Goodger. (A hopeful caravan owner!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dawn L G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've just returned from a weekend stay at Homing Park, where we were camping. Although we had read the mixed reviews before we arrived, and wasn't sure what to expect, I was rather disappointed.

On arrival, we were pleased with the pitch we were given. It was neat, tidy and well kept. The park has a stringent set of rules for campers to follow, and it made a lovely safe atmosphere. The site seemed to mainly appeal to families, but this may have been the time of year we travelled, as it was during the school summer holidays. We also really liked the personal service received when the reception called us on our day of arrival to confirm our booking and check we knew where to go.

There are around 40 touring pitches, all of which share a small block of toilets. Each of the ladies and gents facilities have only two showers, which both seemed to be in relatively poor conditions. The ladies' showers flooded over the whole floor, leaving nowhere dry to dress, and the gents' had mildew coated shower curtains. As it was to be expected, there was often a queue for the showers due to the number available compared to the number of campers. Additionally, the showers were cleaned between 9am-11am (approximately) and were shut during cleaning. I personally felt that the cleaning should be done at a time when people were less likely to be showering - as 9am to 11am was still a very busy time for showering!

The road noise is noticeable, and would disturb light sleepers. I do think this should be mentioned on the site's website, as although you can see it on a map - unless you know the fact the main road is actually a duel carriageway, and the main route from the M2 to Thanet, you cannot anticipate the noise.

The Whitstable area is lovely, and I would definitely return - although I would look into other campsites before returning to Homing Park.

Room Tip: If camping, request a higher numbered pitch (approx numbers 20-40) as they are further away from the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MiniBean
Kent
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just come back from this touring park.The site is very awkward to get in and out of if you have a long car and caravan the swimming pool and club house is run by a separate company to the park and at this time of year the swimming pool is not open till 4oclock and 10am at weekends and costs £1.30 per person and the water is very cold and the people who run it are not at all friendly which is a shame as the staff on the campsite are very helpful will not be going back .The mens toilet was blocked and only left one toilet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank audasious
kent
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed here for two nights in a tent. We can see why this campsite has won an award for their toilets. They were spotless the whole weekend along with the showers, washing up area and the whole site in general was very clean. The staff that we met were friendly and happy to help when looking for bricks for our BBQ. There is a clubhouse, pool, tennis court, play area and launderette but we didn't use them.

There are a few extra nice touches on the park like a clock by the toilets, a freezer for cool blocks, a security guard at night who walks around the park a few times and hand sanitizer gel at the bins. The hand soaps in the toilets were always full and the water was always hot no matter what time of day or night, which is really nice as hygiene is very important in my opinion.

Yes there is a busy main road not far away BUT if you feel this will be a problem because you can hear it then dont book to stay here and then complain about it. Go prepared, take ear plugs! I did take ear plugs just in case the road noise was too much at night but the only time I used them was not for the road noise but to block out my partners snoring!!

The campsite is in a great location for the beach, Whitstable and Herne bay. There is no shop on the site but there is a 'best-one' a few minutes drive away and a tesco and sainsburys a bit further.

We have reccomended this site to my parents who will be booking soon and my partner and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JamieandChris
Essex , UK
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Before I list the reasons why this site is not for me/us I would like to point out that this is a nice site, well kept with nice flowers everywhere, hedge lined pitches with ample space for caravan, car, awning & fence, polite friendly staff, everything seems tidy well maintained and clean. Having been to many camping and caravan club sites I was keen to try out this independant site which had the majority of good reviews (and so it should as mentioned above). Firstly I found the other campers were not as friendly as I would normally find on a club site and a couple of groups played loud music until late plus another group of campers had a small dog which barked for most of the night and kept us awake. Also the road noise is constant and rather annoying, I am use to quiet when away and so this was off putting. The lane which leads to the site is extremely narrow and as such I did not feel I could take the dog off site as I usually would when away, there is no other way to leave the site - it is completely enclosed and has no walks leading away from site. The site does have an enclosed dog area but this is not large and so I found myself walking the dog round the site which seemed a little strange because then he is toileting between static caravans and people's garden areas (always cleaned up mind!). The touring site was only half full and the toilets and showers never seemed too busy but with only 2 toilets and 2 showers in the mens I could understand how this could be too few as another review has already mentioned plus the showers do seem to send water all over the place and largely into the changing area and toilet next door. Overall this is a good site but these niggles are enough for me to favour other locations more.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank B4zza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seasalter
Crescent Turner Hotel
Sutton Vale Country Park
Cliftonville House
Cliftonville House
#4 of 12 in Whitstable

Been to Homing Park? Share your experiences!