All reviews the pub pudding lovely sunday lunch thoroughly enjoyed our meal lovely old pub large garden beef bourguignon visiting friends quiet location great place to stay stayed for one night an evening meal good size full english breakfast dora accommodation pint
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Great local pub restaurant. Staff friendly and helpful always spotlessly clean (the pub not the staff ) Dora is a great host with a sense of humour. We eat here a lot because the food is excellent and the beers not bad either : ) very fortunate to have a pub like this to wander down to for the odd evening. BEST PUB IN THE AREA This is supported by the fact that the local tractor runs are based there now.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Stopped by for an informal family lunch. Very impressed. Food was excellent, freshly cooked, good portions and nicely presented. Good beer and very friendly service. Reasonably priced. We will come again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Very comfortable room, and a very friendly, hard-working hostess. The food was also good. Very good, flexible service. I was made to feel very welcome. It is also a great location, very quiet and peaceful, with plenty of space around the inn. My thanks to everyone there for making it a very pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Once again I visited in business, a single night thus time. The New Inn is such a lovely pub & garden. Dora is such a great host & always makes you feel welcome. The rooms are comfortable (I've stayed in 3 of them now!). This is my first choice whenever I'm in the area - I would even change my business plans around their availability, simply so I could stay again.

Room tip: Specify your needs & they will do their best to satisfy your requests.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

On my quest to get a Sunday lunch at 3.15 in the afternoon, we turned up at the New Inn not holding out much hope. We were pleasantly surprised..I got my roast pork dinner and my partner had fish and chips. Both hit the mark on all levels; decent portion size, perfectly cooked vegetables, reasonably priced and most importantly absolutely delicious! Will definitely be returning to sample other meals on the menu.

Date of stay: June 2017