All reviews the pub fish cakes pudding beer garden is new chef portion size open fire sunday lunch three courses great place to stay an evening meal sea bass plenty of parking stayed one night merlot room dora starters
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We booked three rooms, for three couples and a baby, for the weekend as we had a family 'do' nearby on Saturday.
This is a traditional English country pub with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the rooms, in a newer block attached to the pub, were all clean, comfortable and warm.
The breakfasts were good - one of our party requires a gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian diet and, although the soya milk, which we had pre-ordered, was not available, she was delighted to see that the rest of her needs were readily catered for - the breakfast menu includes a cooked vegetarian breakfast which she really enjoyed!
Dora is welcoming and is supported by an enthusiastic team.
We shall definitely return!

Room Tip: We had three different room on two levels - all were good.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Les W
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Great local pub restaurant. Staff friendly and helpful always spotlessly clean (the pub not the staff ) Dora is a great host with a sense of humour. We eat here a lot because the food is excellent and the beers not bad either : ) very fortunate to have a pub like this to wander down to for the odd evening. BEST PUB IN THE AREA This is supported by the fact that the local tractor runs are based there now.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Stopped by for an informal family lunch. Very impressed. Food was excellent, freshly cooked, good portions and nicely presented. Good beer and very friendly service. Reasonably priced. We will come again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Very comfortable room, and a very friendly, hard-working hostess. The food was also good. Very good, flexible service. I was made to feel very welcome. It is also a great location, very quiet and peaceful, with plenty of space around the inn. My thanks to everyone there for making it a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Once again I visited in business, a single night thus time. The New Inn is such a lovely pub & garden. Dora is such a great host & always makes you feel welcome. The rooms are comfortable (I've stayed in 3 of them now!). This is my first choice whenever I'm in the area - I would even change my business plans around their availability, simply so I could stay again.

Room Tip: Specify your needs & they will do their best to satisfy your requests.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business