“Prim Rib When it's good it's good”
Review of The Bottleshed

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bottleshed
Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: American
Illinois City, Illinois
“Prim Rib When it's good it's good”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We had prime rib Oct 26 and it was very good, lots of flavor! But on other days it has not been that great. The bar scene is not me, but it's not all that. If they can get consistently good prime rib they see business quadruple! I do want to mention the service has been good every time I have been there.

1 Thank MidwestMale50

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Food was good, cheap; service was OK”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was in town for work and this place was only a block or two from my motel, so I ate here twice. The first time, a Tuesday, the special was taco night. Beers were on special too. I sat at the bar and had three tacos with rice and beans and two beers and the total came to a wallet-friendly $8.22. The food was great, hand-prepared, and it was obvious the cook took a great deal of pride in his dishes. The problem was the bartender. I would have had more beers, but he was too busy watching TV and social networking to see my empty glass that I placed conspicuously on the edge of the bar. AND I was the only person in the bar, so not like he was busy. Then since he was the only one working I had to wait another 20+ minutes(with an empty glass) to get and pay my bill because a group of 8 people came in and he was preoccupied with them.

I came back the next night, and while the girl bartending was on Twitter every other second(her phone kept making that annoying tweet sound), at least she was attentive. I had the night's special, the broasted chicken, and once again it was very good. The wedge fries that came with it were flavorless and dry, but lots of salt and ketchup did the trick.

So in a nutshell I'll give the food an A- and the service a D on the first night and B+ the second.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Morgman
Freeport, Illinois
“Best burgers in town”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

No doubt about it. They have the best burgers in town by far. I have driven from Freeport to the Pacific Ocean on HWY 20 and I think it might be one of the top 5 on the HWY

Visited February 2013