“Steak Night in Streator”
Review of Al's Place

Al's Place
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Streator
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I stopped by Al's on the way home and got in on the Wednesday Steak Night. I went with whatever the waitress recommended (which I think was a Strip Steak) and it was tender. I don't like steaks that are over chewy, and this one was good. The steaks are served with two sides and a vegetable, last night it was carrots. I had the soup and a baked potato. The soup was chicken and just okay, and the potato was a bit small, but that was okay with me, I don't usually eat them all anyway. The meal was 9.99 and I think the soda ran about $2. I believe they serve alcohol here, but I didn't have any. All in all I thought it was a decent meal and a low price, I will go back.

Just do you know they have desserts, but they are SMALL

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice variety on the menu. Good service. Good food. Excellent cole slaw! Hearty breakfasts. Comfortable seating.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This is a al place, not to far from our house. We decided to go there for dinner tonight. Usually rage food and service is fine, but not tonight. We all ordered the 2 for $20 special. Ithe service was slow, and we never got our . Salads, When we complained, the hostess took $2.00 off the bill. We will think twice about. going back there.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

great fresh food, good menu, friendly staff and always a good selection of specials if you are on a budget.
Ps. Opens at 5am!!!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

I would typically eat much at Al's. It was always a good meal at a good price. The lunch menu is a great deal, but the overall menu is also a good price. The soups and sandwiches were always delicious.