“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

While Country Inn's are typically reasonable hotels, this property is exceptional for this class of hotels. The lobby area is lovely, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the common areas are clean and well appointed. The rooms were large, clean and had pleasant decor. The bathrooms were reasonable size with a large vanity and great water pressure in the shower. The breakfast was larger then most free breakfast offerings. The property is easy to find and close to other amenities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The staff here is very friendly. The lobby area is nice and the eating area is fairly large with a decent selection of complimentary breakfast items. The rooms are very large with plenty of room to keep your bags out of the way. The rooms are not at all fancy, but still comfortable to make it a pleasant stay. The bed was comfortable, the flat panel TV was nice with lots of channels to choose from, and the desk was fairly large. The air conditioning worked well, but it did take it a long while to cool down the room. The microwave and refrigerator are both nice to have in the room, although it would be a bit more convenient to have a slightly larger refrigerator. The bathroom was fairly large with a lot of counter space around the sink. The downfall of this room would be the shower. The water pressure in the shower has absolutely horrible. It was barely capable of washing off the soap. If the water pressure in the shower would be better, this place would get a much higher rating from me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend for a friend's wedding. The hotel was very clean, large, quiet and comfortable. They had cookies and coffee in the lobby available at all times. The hairdryer didn't work in my room, but the front desk had a portable one that worked just as well. The beds were incredibly comfortable.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor, less traffic as the main floor has the pool, multiple entrances, etc...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunset Hills, Missouri
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 8/16 and while we didn't stay long, we really enjoyed it. The room was large and was very clean. Everything worked properly the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. The woman who worked in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful and really made us feel welcome (I wish I would have gotten her name). We arrived late Friday night and the front desk clerk was very friendly, although he seemed a little more interested in his cell phone than helping us. They gave us a little goodie bag with a water and some snacks upon checking in (I believe because I am a club Carlson member?) it was a very nice touch. Love Country Inn & Suites, have not had a bad experience yet!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
south WI
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I don't do a ton of traveling, but when it comes to 1 or 2 nights stays, my simple expectation is for the hotel to do two things very well...and that is (1) Give me a warm welcome which includes following up with me shortly after I arrive to make sure I am satisfied with all thus far and (2) have a very good complimentary breakfast. If a hotel can just these two things right, they will win. And this Country Inn and Suites did both well. I will add that the woman (I did not get her name) who managed the breakfast area (she did it all), did an outstanding job and had a great attitude.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The staff was really good and friendly. I drove in during a snow storm, and they were very good about making sure I was safe and comfortable after check in. Clean hotel. Good breakfast spread. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
CISHOTEL, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast. We hope you choose us again if your travel brings you back to our area.
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The County Inn and Suits in Sycamore is located on the corner next to a 24 hour Walgreens. Since this place only offers breakfast, the Walgreens is a handy place to purchase beverages and snacks. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it is hot and it is free. The coffee is not the best, but with enough cream it gets by. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The place has a comfy feel. The place has three floors with an elevator inside. The room I had contained two twin beds that were a little hard. The bathroom was very clean. The room had a small microwave and a small refrigerator. The internet is free and easy to get onto and the speed is adequate for most needs so avoid signing up for the faster service which will be charged to you.
Had only two issues. On the second day my key card had expired as the clerk said whoever signed me did not put the extra day on the card. The clerk did not realize she was the one who signed me in. The other is the noise. You can hear everything in your hall and above me, from the thumping on the ceiling I believe elephants and hippos were practicing ballet. So if staying here you may want the top floor unless Santa is landing reindeer.

Room Tip: Take a room on the thrid floor. If on the first or second you hear the people above you stomping ar...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OrlandoMouse
CISHOTEL, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with noise and keys. We appreciate your feed back and thank you for taking the time to share your comments so we may use them to fine tune our operations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Super 8 DeKalb IL
#3 of 5 in DeKalb
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore? Share your experiences!