“Exceeded expectations- comfort & friendly staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Bloomington, Illinois
“Exceeded expectations- comfort & friendly staff”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Everything about our stay was perfect. Rooms spacious, beds and bedding very comfortable. The hotel is really nicely remodeled, it looks brand new, whoever their design team is - wow, decor is high end, with comfort. Breakfast is about the best complimentary breakfast, with a wide selection. Waffles, a pot of oatmeal, with many toping options. I slept better than at home, which was a first. All staff helpful and friendly. We had trouble figuring out how to wifi connect. Katrina from the front desk did an outstanding job walking us through. I would be sure to stay at this hotel the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see that you had such a pleasant stay~ Our property was completely renovated in 2011/2012 and our owners spared no expense in replacing all our beds, casegoods, carpeting, draperies as well as a complete revamp of our public spaces and also upgraded our internet service considerably. Carlson long ago realized the benefits of a plentiful breakfast buffet and we take great pride in our offerings so I am very glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy it! Katrina and all of us here at Country Inn thank you so much for selecting us and we sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cindy was the best front end employee that I have had the pleasure of interacting with. She's definitely a management worthy employee. She brings a friendly approach, kind spirit and knowledge to this hotel. I hope the company observes her excellent characteristics and gives her recognition she deserves.

• Stayed April 2014
CISHOTEL, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you very much for selecting us and for your kind words about Cyndi! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received from Cyndi at the front desk. She has been with us quite a long time and she will be thrilled to see herself mentioned. I guarantee we are aware of what a gem she is!
On behalf of all of us at Country Inn we thank you for being our guest and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again!
Chicago
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here, along with 4 other coworkers, for 3 nights. We also used the meeting room each evening to work during our stay. This hotel is immaculate; I observed people cleaning constantly. The rooms are large, the beds comfortable, and the staff is amazing! They were quick to accommodate our needs, going above and beyond what I have experienced in other places I have stayed. The breakfast was well stocked each morning, and there was always fresh coffee and cookies available during our stay. This place does it right!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much not just for selecting us but also for taking the time to review us in this forum. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and I will share them with the entire team here at Country Inn, Sycamore. We are very fortunate to have a truly outstanding staff that genuinely enjoys the art of hospitality and I am gratified that it was evident during your visit. It was a pleasure having you with us!
On behalf of all of us we thank you for your business and look forward to hosting your group again!
Zion, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the entire staff. They were extremely courteous, helpful and definitely friendly. The breakfast was top notch. I will be returning in the future!!! I am visiting my grandchildren and will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: They listen to tour needs and requests. They went out of their way to accommodate me!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and let others know about your stay at Country Inn and Suites Sycamore! We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our staff and the service you received while staying with us. We do try to accommodate each and every guest request and are gratified that you enjoyed your stay and especially our wonderful breakfast! On behalf of the whole team, we look forward to the opportunity to host you again!
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Convenient and quiet location, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff. Large, well appointed pool and spa area to relax in and an exercise room adjacent. A little disappointed with the selection at breakfast, and there is no elevator; but in fairness the property only has 2 stories. At the high end of the chain's prices, but not the most shining example of their locations. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage or things you can't leave in the car overnight select a first floor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! While we appreciate all reviews I would like to point out that we do in fact have an elevator and a third floor. We are a 73 room property ( mix of standard rooms, suites and specialty rooms) arranged on three stories. Our elevator is located immediately across from our breakfast room just off our lobby.
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed our pool area. We are fortunate to have the largest hotel pool in the area! Thank you again for taking the time to review our property, it is sincerely appreciated.
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2014

What a great hotel!! The staff at the hotel provided top-notch service that went above and beyond what we would have expected. Excellent service is truly a core value of this hotel and we as guests were the beneficiaries. We were from out of state and needed a room for our family but all of the rooms were reserved. The staff took the time to work with us and did the impossible and found us a room for our family. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was great and the hot tub and pool were spacious and clean. We would recommend the Country Inn & Suites to anyone traveling to Sycamore because there in no other hotel who is even "next best".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you very much for selecting our property for your stay and for your very kind words in this forum. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your accommodations, pool and breakfast and that the team here at Country Inn made a positive impression on your stay. I will share your comments with everyone and we sincerely look forward to the privilege of hosting you in the future.
Thank you again!
Jerseyville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My son goes to NIU in DeKalb and this is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting him.
The staff is amazing especially Tim & Katrina. They will always go out of the way to help.
Every time I come to visit my son and I arrive at the hotel, they remember me. Customer service here goes above and beyond. The breakfast is always good and I have never had a problem. This last time staying there was a bit crowded with a basketball team staying there to play against NIU. The breakfast service was on top of everything and did not run out of food. Country Inn & Suites, Sycamore is the only place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CISHOTEL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your gracious compliments of Katrina and Tim! While they are both relatively new to us, they do have a distinct ability to make our guest feel right at home. On behalf of all of us at Country Inn and Suites we thank you so much for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore? Share your experiences!