“Great Value and Location!”
Review of Motel 6 Sycamore

Motel 6 Sycamore
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is NOT your typical Motel 6. Very nice remodeled building, spacious rooms, new bathrooms and very comfy! Coffee 24/7 in the lobby (no in room coffee makers and service). No continental breakfast, but it is next door to a Dunkin Donuts. Quite nice for the price!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dale R
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dale,
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us at our newly remodeled motel. Hope to see you again soon.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

It should be.....dang....get a rag or hire a cleaning company please. Talk about a swipe around the edges for cleaning...even the elevator hadn’t been wiped down in ages....Its really kinda a dirty place, they need to trash the mattresses and get new, stains aren’t good. 1990's TV's mounted at an angle on top of the closet? Really?
Don’t even think the pictures here are anything like it is!....Maybe the day it was built.
I promise to never be cheap again!...Good thing was only there 5 hours! (Just sleep fast and you will be ok!)
We are trying every Hotel in the De Kalb/Sycamore area....... Wow build a clean hotel around this area and you will clean up and make some $

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dassa
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Sold our house very quickly but had another week at work. This hotel had a washer/dryer, accepted animals but was very clean. Value included a continental breakfast that was OK but the staff were very kind to my 10 year old son and to my dog. I have not had that service in a long time. Comfort Inn and Suites may have a pool in Sycamore but their customer service is horrible. Service made the difference here. Thanks Arnold and Pam R.!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kristie_10
Reviewed 31 October 2007

I would not advise anyone to stay here. I checked in at 5:15 and was checked out by 6:00. When I got into my suite everything seemed fine until I pulled the blankets back from the bed. I found multiple holes and stains through the blankets and sheet. I lifted up the pillows and there were used pillow cases under the pilllows with hair all over them. I noticed dark spots under the fitted sheet so I pulled that off. The dark spots under there were blood stains all over the matress cover. When the girl from the front desk came to my room she did not seem suprised at all. She acted as if my complaint was an everyday complaint. If you still decide to book a room at this hotel best of luck.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank cmvandyke
Reviewed 29 December 2005

My husband's company Christmas party was over an hour away from our home. So, we booked this hotel on line so we didn't have to drive home that night. Since we were only going to basically check in and crash, we didn't invest our usual $100 plus on another hotel in the area. We didn't expect much and even laughed with our friends that nite, "for $59, hope there is a bed in the room". Well, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and nice lobby. There was a very friendly woman at the desk who checked us in. It was 1 a.m. ----The lobby and foyer of the hotel were very nicely decorated for Christmas. Every hallway and elevator were also very clean. Our room was small but very clean. We are also used to suites so we may not be the best judge. Nice size bed and it was comfortable (no backache the next day). Room had a nice and quiet heating and cooling system. Also had a nice size window with a window seat (very cute) Very clean bathroom. Quality TV, several channels.
My husband called for pizza delivery at 1:30. He had not trouble finding pop / soda and ice to go with in hotel. Pizza was good! College town, had to be, right? We had a nice breakfast the next morning at the complimentary breafast bar and talked with others who also seemed happy with their stay. They had coffee, cereal, oj, donuts and fruit. Maybe more, we didn't look. Easy check out.
All for about 60 bucks.

If we're in Dekalb or Sycamore for an overnight stay again, we won't even call the higher priced hotels, we'll go back to this one.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank wesleysmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
Quality Inn Sycamore
Quality Inn Sycamore
#3 of 4 in Sycamore
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Super 8 DeKalb IL
#2 of 5 in DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Motel 6 Sycamore? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Sycamore

Address: 1860 Dekalb Ave, Sycamore, IL 60178-3106 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Sycamore/Dekalb)
Region: United States > Illinois > Sycamore
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Price Range: £45 - £60 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Sycamore 2*
Motel 6 Sycamore IL is conveniently located off of SR-23 Dekalb Ave and within 4 miles of Northwestern University. Restaurants are nearby. Reserve our conference room. All guest modern rooms include a mini-fridge, and Wi-Fi is available for a small fee. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Sycamore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Sycamore Hotel Sycamore