“We love Riccardi's!”

Cuisines: American
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
“We love Riccardi's!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The first time I went here, I wasn't too sure if it would be a good experience, but it is wonderful! They have great food at reasonable prices, and a great selection! They use Inboden's meat, and also serve great buffalo burgers. I personally love their mac & cheese bites: best ones I've ever had, and that's saying something for me! My kids love the mini ice cream cones, too! Don't miss this adorable place!

• Visited August 2013

Illinois City, Illinois
“Fun retro soda shop”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a favorite of my Grandson. Kids meals come in a chevy replica "basket." Kids meals come with a mini cone, drink and fries. The grilled chicken sandwich is great. On a Friday night, there is often entertainment. It's a fun place to have dinner.

• Visited April 2013
McHenry, IL
“Gourmet meat disguised as an ice cream shop”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My daughter and I dropped in this main street shop for lunch during a rain delay at a local softball tournament. From the outside it looks like a quaint ice cream shop with hot dogs of which Illinois has an excellent selection. When I opened the door I was disappointed: no lunch counter, just a small ordering counter and some old tables. Expecting a bland boiled hot dog but not wanting to return to the downpour outside to search for someplace better, we approached the counter and ordered a simple lunch, a hot dog for my girl, grilled cheese and chili for me. It was AWESOME! Vienna Beef hot dog prepared perfectly. Hearty grilled cheese, with real butter. Home made chili not too chunky, not too tomatoey, and wonderfully spiced. Terrific (hand cut?) french fries. While eating we noticed the sign on the wall recognizing Riccardi's for the best hamburger in the county, and the owner's personally prepared selection of meat rub spices. We can't wait to return.

• Visited June 2013