“Great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Sycamore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Even though there were parties going on, it was quiet and a nice place for a weekend. The staff is efficient and very friendly, and the breakfast is to die for! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the air conditioning was easy to control. We plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the kind words. My staff
works hard to take care of our guests and it helps to know that our guest recognize their efforts.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

When i arrived at the hotel...I was so tired..the flight was a nightmare and i really wasn't too talkative ..(does that happen to you?) and they just understood!! it was wonderful..check in was fast.. the room was very clean, , bed was sooo comfortable!! Even the cleaning crew was sweet and nice. Having a hot complimentary breakfast was great too...I am making this my #1 hotel visit when in sycamore...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you we appreciate your kind words. My staff will be happy to know all the hard work is
paying off. We look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Clean & quiet. Very friendly clerks. The breakfast was incredible: pancakes, scrambled eggs/omelet, bacon/sausages cinnamon rolls, donuts, muffins, cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, english muffins, toast. The work-out room was not air conditioned. Didn't use the small pool. Convenient location to shopping

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, last room. Very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

As others have said, the hotel is impeccably clean; the front desk staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast appealing.

My problem was that this past weekend, the hotel was full of very noisy parties, that had rented several rooms and decided to keep their doors open and include the hallways in their socializing. Awakened Fri night at 11 and again at 2 by a couple of frat boys waxing poetic about the nature of true love.

Called the desk a couple of times--they were apologetic and (finally) came up and made people go to their rooms.

Next day they offered me a Starbucks gift card--but getting them to change my room was an enormous hassle, I had to take a smoking room, which smelled terrible AND the next night there were more parties on another floor.

I had to be up early both days to work on my feet. I didn't want a gift card. I wanted at least one good night's sleep. It didn't happen. I know the hotel can't control this, but their attitude seems to be that if they give you a gift card, that's good enough.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel, at least on weekends.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tandys_trainer
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

My apologies on your recent stay. I have discussed your comments with my staff and we are retraining everyone on how to handle these situations. If you would like to discuss your stay with me I would be happy to speak with you. We were sold out on Saturday and did not have any nonsmoking rooms to move you to we try our best to accomodate but it is not always possible.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I normally don't write reviews but was very impressed with this hotel. In town for a wedding and this was the perfect option. Tons of restaurants and shops within a mile radius for a quick snack and last minute shopping. Best continental breakfast, hands down. Desk staff was great with directions to the grocery store and was able to switch us to a non-smoking room upon checkin. Super clean, very quiet and abundant (free) parking. Definitely will be my first choice hotel if I visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren4180
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to know that we were able to make your experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

In town on biz. Simple, plain property that delivers. Check-in was quick and service was friendly. Room was plain but comfortable. Nice chair, good desk, and a really comfortable bed - what else does one need? Would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. My staff is encouraged by your words to continue their
efforts to take care of our guests. We hope you will continue stay with us whenever you are
in town.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Spent one night here the evening before my children competed in a swim meet. Everything was great. The front desk staff was very friendly, our room was comfortable and clean; fairly spacious for a room with two queen beds. Breakfast the next morning was excellent. There were lots of hot food choices plus the standard muffins, bagels, cereals, fruit, etc. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
SycamoreManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sycamore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for such a positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
It is always nice to share such positive comments with the staff. This helps reinforce our service culture and lets us know that our work is not unnoticed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
1 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sycamore, IL
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Quality Inn Sycamore
Quality Inn Sycamore
#3 of 4 in Sycamore
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sycamore? Share your experiences!