“Nice pub, pleasant lunch”
Review of Dinton Hermit - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Dropped in on a whim for lunch on a Friday. Food was tasty and value for money. Plenty of choice on the bar menu. Location is good. Pub is very tidy and staff are friendly.

There are newer reviews for Dinton Hermit

Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Aylesbury then this is it. Great accommodation, excellent food, friendly staff with always a warm welcome. I have stayed here over the last 6 months through work and never disappointed. The food is always excellent quality with regular menu changes according to seasonal products. Always a couple of local beers on tap, very good wine list. Makes a very pleasant change from the normal chain hotels. Try it for yourself.

Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I can't believe I have lived do near to this pub and never eaten there before until today. The food is fantastic. The service excellent. The three course lunch menu was unbelievable for the price. Lovely food lovely staff I will without doubt be going again, very soon I hope. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Very cosy and tiny pub, nice atmosphere. Owners very friendly and helpful
Very peaceful little village, with the pub at the centre.
Tricky to park, but worth it.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I lunched here with a small group of friends celebrating 50 years since our student days.

We ate late, but did not suffer any time pressures from the staff, who were friendly and efficient. The food was excellent, and ranged from English stables (like roast beef) to interesting fish and vegetable dishes. My lamb was first-class. Most of us had enjoyed a fussy but delicious novelle cuisine meal in college the night before, and a hearty breakfast, but we still found it hard to resist the DH's puddings. The non-drivers drank house wine with enthusiasm.

The bar had a roaring fire and kept its beer well, so the wait for latecomers was very pleasant. Despite the high standard of food, the environment is informal, and we had to step over some large dogs to get to the loo. The only thing I'd change is the outside door, which needs a spring to help it close (you certainly need the fire if somebody fails to close it, even at the end of September).