“Wonderful and marvellous and everything in between!”
Review of Dinton Hermit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dinton Hermit
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wonderful and marvellous and everything in between!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

What utter rubbish that terrible review before mine is!

I came here for a quiet lunch with my mother and we were blown away!
To start with we were greeted and then looked after exceedingly well by the young chap behind the bar, who I can't remember for the life of me his name but deserved a mention.

The menu was excellent and after a short wait, understandably because it was a brand new menu, the food was to die for. We had the soup of the day with delicious bread on the side and also a Salmon Caesar salad which was marvellous.

After a couple of Lemon Tarts and some coffee we sadly had to drag ourselves away for this beautiful building. The history of the building is very interesting and the general appearance and aura is just incredible.

So I would like to thank everybody who turned our quiet lunch into something amazing. Especially the wonderful young chap behind the bar and of course the chefs. Should I remember your name I will surely mention you!

• Visited May 2013

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Rude rude rude”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This was the worst experience I have had in a very long time. The staff were rude to the point that we got up and left without waiting for our meal. I will never ever set foot in that place again!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food but very slow service”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Large garden for the children to run around in. Friendly staff and good food (good for pub food but not really good restaurant standard) but service was very slow. We had booked a table for 12.45, arrived within 5 minutes of our booking, ordered as soon as possible but didn't get any food until after 2pm. Only two draft beers. This pub is listed in Alistair Sawdays special places and I was disappointed - didn't think it was very special. It's this first disappointment we've had in a heavily used set of good recommendations by Sawday.

• Visited May 2013
“Nice pub, pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Dropped in on a whim for lunch on a Friday. Food was tasty and value for money. Plenty of choice on the bar menu. Location is good. Pub is very tidy and staff are friendly.

• Visited April 2013
“Best place to stay in Aylesbury”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Aylesbury then this is it. Great accommodation, excellent food, friendly staff with always a warm welcome. I have stayed here over the last 6 months through work and never disappointed. The food is always excellent quality with regular menu changes according to seasonal products. Always a couple of local beers on tap, very good wine list. Makes a very pleasant change from the normal chain hotels. Try it for yourself.

• Visited April 2013