“"Best Sleep Inn I've Stayed In!"”

Sleep Inn Tinley Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Glenwood, Illinois
“"Best Sleep Inn I've Stayed In!"”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I usually stay at this hotel when Im in the area so I've really gotten a feel for the place. The staff is always friendly and because I stay so often they never give me a hard time, they are very accomidating! The rooms are clean and updated, I REALLY dont like outdated hotel rooms. These rooms have what you need to make you feel right at home; comfy beds, flat screen tv, (great desk chairs), frig./microwave, hair dryer, large shower, etc. This is my favorite hotel when in the Tinley/Orland Park area! Oh and its right off the expressway so its really convenient too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We've been to Chicago several times and have stayed at the Sleep Inn several times. We attempted to stay at another hotel that actually has higher ratings than the Sleep Inn, but were extremely disappointed.

Our stays have been more than satisfactory, esp. with the new renovations done there recently. Sure, the rooms may be smaller than usual, but that's not a problem if all you do is sleep there. We love the updates, the great amenities for the price, and most of all - the quiet.

I guess you never know who may be staying at hotels like these when you're there, but even when we stayed for a Nascar convention it was quiet and peaceful. I'd never stay anywhere else again and would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable, updated place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Robin asst. manager did a great job helping us over the phone prior to our arrival, the room exceeded our expectations. The hotel offers a 5 mile shuttle service, and there are a few restaurants and shopping center within the 5 mile radius. The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast. The hotel was clean, neat, and a great choice in the Tinley Park area.

• Stayed January 2013
Williamsburg, Iowa
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is the second time I've stayed her, the first time there was a hole were the handle was supposed to be on the bathroom door in a 2 bed room, this time the shower was broke. I was really frustrated at having issues both times I've stayed here. They cleaned another room for us and took 30% off our stay, but our departure was delayed by an hour waiting for the shower to be fixed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Millersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My boyfriend and I were in the area on business. This hotel is newly renovated. We had a late check-in (2 am) and the night clerk was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very small but if you just need a room, the rooms are very clean and up to date for someone really just needs a place to sleep and shower and relax. The toilet and shower are in one little room and there's enough room for one person to be in there. It did not have a bathrub but a very roomy shower with great pressure. There were only two bath towels in the room, which seemed odd to me. Most hotels I've stayed in had at least 4 bath towels. The sink was outside the toilet and shower room which is where the coffee maker was located. The room had a queen bed which had very new linens on it however it was very firm. I like firm beds but I woke up sore with this one. It had a new flat screen TV and desk area with a closet however no extra chairs or a couch. There was a small fridge in our room which was nice if one is needed.

Breakfast was over at 10 am and they do clean up breakfast promptly at 10 am so we missed it for the most part due to a very sleeping in late.

For what we needed for the night, it worked out well but the room itself is about the size of a bedroom so if you want something roomy, this place may not be the place for you. In some respects, for anyone who isn't good with small spaces, this is a bit claustrophobic. But all in all, for what we needed, it worked however it's surrounded by other hotels which probably have larger rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Kevin P, Manager at Sleep Inn Tinley Park, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Heidi:
Thank you for your recent visit and review. Glad to hear about your overall satisfaction with our hotel. True, Sleep Inn are build slightly smaller than most hotel, though, as you mentioned we provide all the current and modern amenities as any competing hotel. Sorry you were not able to partake in the breakfast. Hope to be of service in the near future.
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. I had a great check-in experience, Melissa was very welcoming. I called them a couple of times throughout the day to let them know that I would not be checking in until later in the evening and they were fine with that. Upon check-in I informed Melissa that there was a possibility that we would check out a day early. She made it clear that it was fine and that there would be no penalty since I did not book through a third party. She kindly asked that I let them know the morning of, at least by 10:30am. The room was somewhat small but it had EVERYTHING we needed! The microwave and mini fridge were a nice plus. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The waffles at breakfast were very good. Although we were pretty much always the only ones in the breakfast area I suggest that you get there in plenty of time before they put the breakfast away(10am). On my last morning there the breakfast clerk made it very clear (at 10:03am) to a family eating there that they needed to finish up because she needed to clear out the area. Kind of rude if you ask me? I then approached the front desk (which is right in front of the breakfast area) at 10:05am and informed the clerk at the front desk that I needed to go ahead and check out that morning, a day early. She asked me my room #, I provided her with it but also offered my name since I was not 100% sure about my room #. She plugged it in and said, "I found it" and she said "ok". Before I walked away I asked her by what time did I need to be out of the room by she said 11:00am. I thanked her and told her that would give me plenty of time to get my suitcase together. I've now returned from my trip and discovered that they've charged me the 5th night that I did not stay. I called them earlier today, they stated that they have no record that I checked out early and they asked that I provide them with the copy of the receipt that I signed at the time of check-out as evidence. However, I was not asked to sign anything and was not provided with a receipt either. It seems to now basically be my word against theirs. I faxed in several receipts this evening for their review that proves I was in another state for the date in question. Maybe they can review their surveillance video?? I described the office clerk to them, they said they will ask her about it tomorrow and will then follow up with me. Please sign out upon checkout and ask for a receipt to avoid this from happening to you! I really hope to get this resolved as I was really looking forward to staying with them again in the future.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. It was a pleasure to speak with you and address your concerns. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay more pleasant by issuing a refund for the night in question. Again please except our apologies for the inconvenience. Your needs and comments are taken very seriously and I assure you this will be used as a tool to help us provide better guest service. Thank you in advance for giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Bensalem
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very comfortable place to stay. I was surprised with the hot breakfast offered and the friendliness of the breakfast clerk Mary. The front desk lady that checked me in, Quina, was also helpful and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Tinley Park area. Very pleased.

Room Tip: They also offer smoking rooms