This is a lovely gem of a property nestled in a beautiful tree lined business park. There are many restaurants located nearby. Check in at the front desk was a breeze. The clerk was very helpful in giving directions and telling me about the many eating choices available in the area. The lobby was nice, with its beaded waterfall.
Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The decor was definitely a “ step up” from the usual basic oak furniture that I was accustomed to seeing in previous comfort inns. The rich dark furnishings and headboard gave an almost upscale feel to the room . Additional touches like the round wall mirror, contemporary lighting with outlets, flat panel tv, six panel closet door, wood table for luggage, work desk with chair, and beautiful artwork added to the ambiance. There was a microwave and a larger refrigerator not the small cubed one. the coffeemaker, ironically, was located in the bathroom. My room had true queen beds, not full/double beds. There was plenty of space to move around. There is a safe in the closet which you will be charged 1.50 day at check in, to which I opted out of. Bathroom amenities included granite countertop, soap, lotion ,shampoo, conditioner, thick fluffy towels, and a shower cap.
When you read the manual that is on the desk in the room, please note that the ice machine is not on the third floor as stated, it is on the second floor. The only thing on the third floor is a soda machine ( $1.50) There is also an ice machine on the first floor by the pool. There is free parking around the hotel ( which is shared by another hotel on the same lot).
The only negatives that I have regarding the room is:
1) the door seems to be slightly smaller than the frame, so much that you can see the exposed deadbolts clearly which are barely fitting in the door lock from inside the room. This was a bit unsetting because I didn’t feel quite as secure. There was an auxiliary swing over bolt thingy located at the top of the door.
2) that there was no way to know what channel you were on when watching tv unless you happened to be on a channel that had its logo on the bottom corner of the screen. There were no channel numbers and no way on the remote to turn them on.
3) there is the strong smell of deodorizer when you enter the room. Depending on the person, this may or may not be a negative. it does make the room smell clean though. Housekeeping sprays this stuff up and down the halls in the morning, and you can usually smell it wafting underneath your door,
Breakfast, was just ok, to me, but sufficient. I will say that it was neat and clean and regularly restocked., which is a plus in my book any day! It consisted of juice, coffee, cold cereal, oatmeal packets, egg patties, sausage, a waffle maker ( blueberry and plain waffles), sausage gravy and biscuits, pastry and donut and bread assortment, yogurt , cold boiled eggs.
Overall, I had a good stay here. I slept well, and it was very quiet considering the hotel was fully booked. It is central to everywhere that I needed to go, and there is a lot nearby ( even a grocery store, gas station, donut shop ). This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I return to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find our beautiful property conveniently nestled in the south suburbs of Chicago near Interstate 80, Interstate 57, and the airport. Recently renovated in 2015, our updated guest rooms are attractively decorated and meticulously clean. Enjoy comforts of home like free Wi-Fi access and a complimentary breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, eggs, meats, yogurt, cereal, and your choice of waffles hot off the griddle plus freshly-brewed coffee. Relax and unwind by our heated indoor pool and bubbling hot tub, or wrap up some work tasks in the onsite business center. With amenity-rich accommodations including flat-screen TVs, fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers, plan the most pleasant stay at our welcoming, smoke-free hotel. Find everything you need at your fingertips from free parking to a fitness center where you can keep up your exercise routine on the road. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask our helpful 24-hour staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Tinley Park Hotel Tinley Park
- Tinley Park Comfort Suites