“Lovely gem of a property nestled in a beautiful tree lined business park”

Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a lovely gem of a property nestled in a beautiful tree lined business park. There are many restaurants located nearby. Check in at the front desk was a breeze. The clerk was very helpful in giving directions and telling me about the many eating choices available in the area. The lobby was nice, with its beaded waterfall.

Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The decor was definitely a “ step up” from the usual basic oak furniture that I was accustomed to seeing in previous comfort inns. The rich dark furnishings and headboard gave an almost upscale feel to the room . Additional touches like the round wall mirror, contemporary lighting with outlets, flat panel tv, six panel closet door, wood table for luggage, work desk with chair, and beautiful artwork added to the ambiance. There was a microwave and a larger refrigerator not the small cubed one. the coffeemaker, ironically, was located in the bathroom. My room had true queen beds, not full/double beds. There was plenty of space to move around. There is a safe in the closet which you will be charged 1.50 day at check in, to which I opted out of. Bathroom amenities included granite countertop, soap, lotion ,shampoo, conditioner, thick fluffy towels, and a shower cap.

When you read the manual that is on the desk in the room, please note that the ice machine is not on the third floor as stated, it is on the second floor. The only thing on the third floor is a soda machine ( $1.50) There is also an ice machine on the first floor by the pool. There is free parking around the hotel ( which is shared by another hotel on the same lot).

The only negatives that I have regarding the room is:
1) the door seems to be slightly smaller than the frame, so much that you can see the exposed deadbolts clearly which are barely fitting in the door lock from inside the room. This was a bit unsetting because I didn’t feel quite as secure. There was an auxiliary swing over bolt thingy located at the top of the door.

2) that there was no way to know what channel you were on when watching tv unless you happened to be on a channel that had its logo on the bottom corner of the screen. There were no channel numbers and no way on the remote to turn them on.

3) there is the strong smell of deodorizer when you enter the room. Depending on the person, this may or may not be a negative. it does make the room smell clean though. Housekeeping sprays this stuff up and down the halls in the morning, and you can usually smell it wafting underneath your door,

Breakfast, was just ok, to me, but sufficient. I will say that it was neat and clean and regularly restocked., which is a plus in my book any day! It consisted of juice, coffee, cold cereal, oatmeal packets, egg patties, sausage, a waffle maker ( blueberry and plain waffles), sausage gravy and biscuits, pastry and donut and bread assortment, yogurt , cold boiled eggs.

Overall, I had a good stay here. I slept well, and it was very quiet considering the hotel was fully booked. It is central to everywhere that I needed to go, and there is a lot nearby ( even a grocery store, gas station, donut shop ). This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, if you don't like people stomping over your head.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Neeneed

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I think this hotel is fine for men traveling alone. When I arrived with my family the check in was fine, but when we went to the room the door handle was broken. Next we found out the two TV's were not working correctly...the picture was snowy like in the movie Poltergeist. When we told the front desk, the lady came up to investigate a large bug ran across the wall. The TV issue and the door handle issues were fixed within a day but the bugs were a problem again two days later. The bugs were earwigs so they don't bite or anything but wife kept shaking her clothes out and the bedsheets to make certain they weren't buggy. The coffee pot also didn't work but they had coffee 24/7 in the lobby. The breakfast was ok, but mostly the same everyday. The beds are hard. My children were disappointed that the pool was ice cold. Overall, I think the hotel is in a good location off of I-80 and business travelers who don't mind insects would be fine with it. It isn't good for families or persons who don't like bugz.

Room Tip: Try the Wingate by Wyndham nearby it is the highest ranked hotel in Tinley Park on Tripadvisor (all...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have been a resident at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Tinley Park for the past 8 weeks. During this time the Staff has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make my stay comfortable. I would like to mention 2 individuals in particular. Stephanie Long & Deven Jackson!!! You Rock. You made special concessions to make my stay special. I want to give you a special Thank you!!!

Dr. N. Y. Wells

Room Tip: Ground Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had to spend one night to attend a conference at the convention center. When I went to check in at 3:00PM, there was a line of 4 people ahead of me, and then several behind as time slowly passed. With 3 clerks behind the desk, one would think it would be a rapid check in. NOT SO.
I took over 20 minutes to check in. Only once did the hotel staff apologize for the wait. One clerk has a look of terror and the other left during the chaos. And the third had an attitude.
My room was fine. The hotel is showing signs of age, but it worked for one night. There was a concert going on that evening too. Hence the hotel was packed. At about 2:00 in the morning there was some screaming and running in the halls. Which I had anticipated. The room's A/C was very weak, it could not keep up. The next morning I left early. The breakfast was positive.
For the area, it was a safe stay. And there are many other hotels near by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is a bit run down, but they are clearly updating. Check-in was easy. Upon arrival, our room appeared to be fine. We went out for the evening. When we returned around 11:15 p.m., we pulled out the sleeper sofa, and discovered the sheets were not clean. I called the front desk immediately. Ronald apologized and said it would be taken care of. After waiting 25 minutes without any clean sheets, I went down to the front desk to ask about the sheets. No one was at the desk. I rang the bell twice. After about 5 minutes, two male employees emerged from the dining area. I told them I called 25 minutes about the dirty sheets on the sofa sleeper. Ronald said, "Yes you did." Both men went behind the desk into a back room. The second man returned from the back room, and handed me a bundle of clean sheets. I said, "So I'm supposed to change the sheets myself?" No response. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank rocshlly
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Comfort Inn is easily found just off the I-80 exit at Tinley Park. There are several options to get you in and out of downtown Chicago. There is even a mall nearby should you want that. The facility is clean and well kept, the staff is pleasant and efficient, and the price is reasonable for the Chicago area. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was nothing special but clean and adequate.

Room Tip: Our room was conveniently on the first floor near the breakfast room and pool. I was pleased to have...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimo6229
Reviewed 16 May 2014

In town on business and picked this hotel when Hampton filled up before my eyes. Check in was a breeze, desk agent was friendly and responsive. Nice flat screens in the room, though beds were hard. It is close to numerous restaurants. I would probably stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Orland Park
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL? Share your experiences!