“Even Better!”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Austin, Texas
“Even Better!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at this place some time last year. This time I think they changed lot of small things that made the stay even better. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean as well. Yes, G.M. Bobby was great and so his staff. Overall good experience again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Clean, nice hotel. Stayed there night of a local Montley Crue concert so you could imagine the crowd there. Stephany and Madeline were working the desk with many difficult people. Kept their cool, stay was nice, safe and staff very friendly. Check in was easy.

Room Tip: Go for the excuitive suite if you have a family. Worth the x-tra few dollars.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Indore, India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here twice in last 2 months. June and July. It was a very nice experience. Rooms are good and of decent size. Sleep quality is very good. This time i opted for a Whirlpool suite room. It was a great choice. After spending entire day in office, relaxing in whirlpool tub was a very good experience.
They have a small pool and work out area.
Only suggestion is if they could increase some vegetarian options in the breakfast it would be great.
Staff is attentive and very helpful. Check in and check out was very fast and smooth. Only recommendation is if they can increase some veggie options in breakfast it would be great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MalpaniM
Pulaski, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Plenty of room in room with 2 queen beds plus separate area for couch and tv area. Very clean, Staff was very friendly and helpful. Close enough to the city to get there without much trouble and far enough away that there was no congestion from traffic and people. Definitely woud stay there again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Here is an example of how NOT to run a hotel. Booking was arranged at the.front.desk a month.ago, paid for in CASH and od.course a credit card for guarantee, by my fiance. This.was supposed to be a sabbatical for three days for us. Upon arrival, check in was a disaster. Very curt young lady behind the counter, when asked a question was very snippy, and looked ar me like I was a criminal. Surprising failure. Pool was small in a confined space. Breakfast was very sub par for a Choice franchise. When.we returned from the breakfast there was a couple of half dead bugs on the bathroom floor. Unidentifiable. I inquired at the front desk about pest control and was told to deal with it. I am allergic to some of these chemicals, so the way I decided to "deal with it" was to get out fast. Checked out. Asked how.was our stay, and I replied was 2 days short, and I am dealing with your pest problem. I have never had a problem at any other Choice property, ever. So as they say, there's a first time for.everything. Will NEVER return here, even to get the.refund on the remaining unused reservation. Management seemed oblivious to their lousy excuse for hospitality. This is also a first in giving less than a five.star review. Just couldn't find any redeeming qualities to report.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flan O

Travellers are raving about these Tinley Park hotels

New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently booked a room at this property for a week long business trip. Properties around the area showed to be sold out (I believe there was a convention in the area) and this property had good reviews on TA.

I was given room 314 (top floor) and, after dinner, I noticed a few oddities when I was getting ready for some relaxation time. First thing was that there was no alarm clock in the room, but it didn't matter too much as I use my phone for an alarm anyway. Secondly, there were ants on the floor around the AC unit, the bed, the desk, and entertainment center / dresser. I killed a bunch by hand and then decided to contact the front desk, only to find that the phone in the room was inoperable.

I reported the three issues at 7:00 a.m. the next morning to the front desk clerk before breakfast (which, by the way, is severely lacking in quality options). I left for work and, upon returning nearly 13 hrs. later, found that nothing had been addressed. I went down to the front desk (I couldn't call - remember that the phone didn't work) and spoke with the manager (Bobbie). After apologizing profusely, and about 15 minutes of wait time, he gave me an 'upgraded room' -- room 300 -- at no additional cost (for my inconvenience).

I packed up and moved all of my belongings to the new room. Upon arrival there, I found the AC off and the room stuffy. When I went to cool down the room, I found that one of the AC units didn't work -- the fan ran, but did not cool at all. Thank God there were two units in the room. While moving in, I began noticing some 'interesting' things: there was tape on the door jams and walls (looked like it was holding up decorations of some sort); the floors were filthy, like they had not been vacuumed in awhile; damaged areas of the room (walls, etc.) had been repaired poorly and the pain didn't match; and the 'second TV' was small and outdated. The couch in the living area was uncomfortable and honestly made me wonder about what I might be sitting on. I actually believe it would have been better to stay in the first room and deal with the issues!

I made arrangements to stay somewhere else for the remainder of my trip at nearly double the price and miles away from where I desired to stay. Upon check-out the next morning, I found that they had still charged me the full rate for the previous night -- no effort was made to compensate me for the previous night's debacle.

I admit that the manager tried to make amends, but to put me in a room that was WORSE than the initial room AND to have a staff that is not properly relaying issues to the proper group within the property leads me to believe that there are some more serious underlying issues at this property that need to be addressed.

Needless to say, this will not be an option for me on future trips to the area.

Room Tip: Definitely stay away from room 300 -- it needs a MAJOR overhaul.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingTexan63
Mahomet, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Suite was clean, modern, nicely decorated, and even had a safe. The staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was included with the room and was decent. The location was convenient to Tinley Park's amphitheater. I am not sure why this hotel has received poor reviews in the past. Our experience was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple