“in a land of bleak choices…”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
New York
“in a land of bleak choices…”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Let’s just say Tinley Park is not a go-to community. The hotel choices do, in fact, reflect said dearth of excitement. But… if you’re going to this center of dull, you might as well stay here. It embodies the spirit of the dull and lifeless strip mall landscape that surrounds it.

The good: The Holiday Inn is very clean. The Holiday Inn has a restaurant and bar (no point in mentioning the quality). The Holiday Inn has a lovely lobby. The Holiday Inn has plenty of free parking. The Holiday Inn is next to a convention center. Whee. The Holiday Inn has nice people working the desk. The Holiday Inn has a nice view of the highway(s).

Would I return? If I was stuck in another Tinley Park snow storm, absolutely and comfortably. I would just look forward to my departure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel is on an intersection 140dollars away from the airport in an airport taxi,The nearest shop is a 10dollar taxi ride away so if you forget anything it's a complete pain, so it's pretty isolated. The pan faced reception borgs are preprogrammed with standard responses and have little if no personality. The attached restaurant serves giant portions of what can only be described as comfort food, which you will need because of the depressed state the colour scheme of the room leaves you in. The gym equipment is tired and during my stay the bike remained broken. Just pretty poor really and not all what I expected from uncle Sam.

• Stayed February 2012
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with us. We actually get very high scores about the friendliness of our front desk staff, so your review surprised me greatly! If you do give us an opportunity in the future, I highly recommend that you take a flat rate cab from the airport--it should cost no more than $60 from O'Hare. By calling the hotel directly, we can even arrange a recommended service for you. Also, we do stock a lot of "Forgot Something" items--perhaps we had what you needed right on property. Please give us another chance to "wow" you in the future!

Travellers are raving about these Tinley Park hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2012

What a great way to start the new year off. A Hotel Jacuzzi room for two wonderful days.

Room Tip: At the end of the hall. Away from the elevator is a good tip.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip. Hotel is nice, with a bar and a restaurant. Restaurant was a good draw since my wife was traveling with me. Problem is it closes at 9:00pm and the desk person had not much of a clue as to what was open late in the area. She sent us to a bar that was ok, but we drove by several other places that looked better. Elevator was a problem since one of the two was broken down. Oh well, I was told to try the Wingate nearby. Will do next time. Overall though, this place is still pretty good.

• Stayed December 2011
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I travel 5 to 7 times a year on business/leisure. I have stayed in 5 stars hotels and down. My wife almost always accompanies me on my trips. So, I am always looking for a hotel that she will be comfortable in while I am at work. This Hotel has it all.

First, they have very nice rooms, clean and comfortable. Second, they have an indoor pool and a hot tub. My wife could live by the pool. There was even a nice private “tanning area” outside the pool room for sun bathers. She actually came back from Chicago last trip with tan lines. Third is, they are located within safe walking distance of several fast food/restaurants. Forth, a hotel must have employees that are helpful and make you feel as if they want you to stay at their hotel. This hotel shines in this area. Everyone here, housekeeping, front clerk and management made us feel like they were so glad we were visiting with them.

I was there last for a conference in which I was speaking. The conference areas are large and short indoors walk to the hotel. Close to the interstate also to make them simple to find.

They also have a restaurant at the hotel and sometimes give you $5 per day coupons off meals. Very nice restaurant, but I guess that’s another review.

We plan to return in a few weeks for business in Chicago again. I loved this hotel so much that I am staying there even though my business is on the other side of town. I wish they was not 12 hours drive away or I would drop by more often when I have time to sit by the pool.

Room Tip: they have very large walk-in showers in the King Rooms. This shower would have room for 3 or 4 peopl...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed here for a night while on business in south Chicago. I had a very pleasant stay.

The location is close to the interstate, with ample parking, and many shops and restaurants a short drive away.

The lobby is nice and inviting, and check in was painless. I was upgraded to a huge 2 room suite which was a very nice plus. The room was very clean, nicely furnished with good internet speed, many tv channels (flast screen as well), good hot water. etc. The hotel was very quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. There is also a restaurant on-site which while not spectacular, was decent and reasonably priced.

This is probably my new favorite south Chicago hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank ToSquareBob1
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thanks so much for the review! We'll keep up the good work!
appleton wi
Reviewed 9 November 2011

the remodeling seems like its pretty close to being done. excellent check in service, great service at the bar. the bartender/server took very good care of our group of six. she also eagerly took our appetizer order even though it was 5 minutes before kitchen closed. and we we got up to leave, we were all handed a little plate wrapped with a nice big chocolate cookie ! rooms are quiet and new tv is much improved. i really like the walk in shower with no door. it add luxury without the cost. newspaper in the morning. easy in easy out to freeway. i have stayed here 3 times and it keeps getting better

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
We're very proud of our staff as well. Thanks for the positive feedback! Remodel should be completely done by end of 2011.