“Nice Hotel, Very convenient location”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn because we were participating in the NARBC reptile expo at the convention center and it was convenient to be right next door. Our room was clean and spacious. My only complaint was that our refrigerator was not working properly and i had to turn it all the way up to get it to work properly. We will be staying here again in March.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SalesTPHICC, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will take a look at the room refrigerator to see what the problem was. Looking forward to seeing you again in March!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Based on previous reviews, I did not have high expectations for my stay at Holiday Inn. But, I was very pleased. The staff was professional and pleasant. The room was nice and comfortable. The location was convenient to the Interstate, Midway,etc. The rate was reasonable. If I need to be in the area again, i would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family is originally from this area so we come to visit frequently. This is our usual spot to stay. Clean, updated facility with friendly staff. The location is convenient but I cannot speak for the price as we almost always book with reward points. This is like our second home in the Chicago area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were here for a Pokemon tournament that was in the Convention Center. This hotel is connected the Center so it was very convenient. And because of that, it was a bit pricey. They did offer a AAA rate so that brought it down to $180 per night.
The room was smaller than normal but it was clean and had water, refrigerator, nice amenities and comfortable beds. Also, the service was excellent at the front desk. We did not get to use the pool so I cannot comment on it.
The restaurant had a nice assortment of food, all a bit on the spicy side.
The only drawback was that while the walls were thick and you never really heard your neighbors, the doors were not and you heard everything that was going on in the hallways. Thankfully our somewhat rowdy floor mates calmed down by midnight and stayed quiet for the rest of the evening.
Again, convenience is the #1 reason you would stay here. And worth the price if you don't have a car with you to use.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room at the END of a hallway. I was by the elevator and it was a bit noisy with th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PokeMomNJ
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Quick check in. Room was large. Clean. Stayed here for a concert that was at the outdoor music venue. Very easy drive to venue from hotel. The hotel was very busy with a concert weekend plus 2 VERY (both very interesting) different conventions going on at the attached convention center. Seemed to me the staff was on top of their game. Noticed 2 to 3 security guards working/walking around day/night. Kind of strange, but it didn't bother me. Their presence couldn't hurt.....unless you were looking to start trouble. Seemed over-priced. I imagine with all that was going on for the weekend we stayed.....rates may have been jacked up a bit?? I paid over $400 for 2 nights. CRAZY! However.....we were there for a concert and this place worked!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here one night after attending a concert at The Midwest Amphitheater and chose it due to its proximity to the hotel. I had read reviews that the hotel was about 1 1/2 miles from the concert venue and walk able. That was why I chose the hotel so we could walk to the concert. That was not true. Driving it is closer to 2 1/2-3 miles and you would not want to walk along the dark road at night especially if you had been drinking. I did not see anyone walking on the road to the concert. There were 24,000 people at the concert and not a lot of people staying at this hotel which kind of surprised me. I did see a small shuttle bus on site and asked if they provide a shuttle to the concert and they said no but there would be taxi's out front to take people to the concert and bring them back, they charged $5 per person each way. We just drove our car to the concert. The restaurant was average. I asked if they had a gluten free menu and they looked at me like I was an alien (Downtown Chicago was knowledgeable on gluten free dining options). I ordered a salad and the server came back to the table and said the salad would take a little longer because they had to re cook the chicken. Huh? That was strange. The pillow was very hard, the room smelled as if it had been freshly febreezed which seem tacky and made me wonder if people had been smoking in there (we had requested a non smoking room). The coffee was horrible! Overall I was surprised that is was so average since it was connected to a convention center. I think they could provide a Free shuttle to the Amplitheater!! I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank m s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear m s,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our location, room condition, pillow and the coffee. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is 80 percent occupied by the railroad trainees (it's a little intimidating if you are a young lady) but they were fairly behaved except when we were in the pool. My main issue was the restaurant - on weekends they have a limited menu and they will not make any accommodations. Being a vegan was tough with the weekend menu.... But we heard if you order from your room (not the bar) they will give you access to the full menu. OH and NO coffee on the weekends, I would suggest that be changed! They need to remember weekend guests PAY MORE $ and should at least get coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013