“Surprisingly clean and friendly”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly clean and friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a week in this hotel - it was surprisingly clean and friendly. The price was decent and fair.

The facilities not so much - the pool area needs to be cleaned more often and thoroughly (changing room for guests here needs to be created) toilets don't provide adequate changing - especially if you are on a different floor. However - the rooms were cleaned properly and that is all overall that matters to me.

For those who like their food and coffee - you will be disappointed the food and coffee at the hotel are poor but there are plenty of places close by to eat.

• Stayed March 2014
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and are pleased you enjoyed the week with us. We take all customer's suggestions and comments seriously and will look into the items you shared with us. We do hope your travels bring you back our way soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff were wonderful and helpful. The front desk was able to give me a later check out time and hold my belongings after check out until the time for my departure. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
It was our pleasure to serve you - we hope to see you again soon!
Plymouth, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I will start off by saying that the front desk staff was awesome! Friendly and helpful. That's where the good times ended. Starting in the bathroom, the toilet had feces around the bowl. The shower was like a maze, not for me. The bed's fitted sheet didn't fit properly and all night I woke up sleeping on the bare mattress. Kept fixing the sheet and it still was coming up. Walls were paper thin. One of my neighbors had really bad gas and I kept hearing the sound of really lound flatulence coming through the walls. The pool area was nice and clean but the pool was ICE cold. The hot tub was the temperature the pool should've been. Local restrauant, Bananas, has a limited menu. What's on the menu isn't worth eating. Eat somewhere else. Ordered room service the night before to be delivered the next morning. Never came. Called and they said they forgot.

2 Thank SAUI
We apologize that your experience with us was not as you'd hoped. As you can see by our other reviews that was quite the exception from what customers' experiences with us have been. We hope you give us a second chance to earn your business.

Travellers are raving about these Tinley Park hotels

ishpeming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The staff were really wonderful. They gave us passes to the la fitness and the staff there were great also. The hotel was in a great location easy to find close to everything I could want. It was also very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to coming back

Stayed February 2014
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to go to LA Fitness when you were here! We've found that many of our guests enjoy the amenity of being able to use such a nice health club when staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had reservations for 2 nights - Friday and Saturday night. We arrived at 4am on Friday morning, and the front desk gal let us check in as an early check in (instead of charging us an extra night). She said anything else would be greedy - very nice and I'm very impressed. We slept for a couple hours - I was more concerned with having a safe place to keep our stuff while playing in Chicago. While we were out, they cleaned our room - I was surprised since we were an early check in. ALL of the front desk staff was pleasant throughout our entire stay - no complaints there.

Saturday morning I had to head to the convention center for a Pampered Chef event. I left my three daughters sleeping in the hotel room (they are adults). I was disappointed with the professionalism of the housekeeping staff that morning - they were loud, yelling down the hallway at each other with occasional use of profanity. My girls don't get to sleep in often, and I would think that the staff would be thoughtful of the guests who may be sleeping in on a Saturday morning.

The plumbing in the bathroom was odd (push down faucets), and it made it very difficult to wash your face because the water wouldn't run for more than a second. That was very frustrating. It was also very loud when it shut off.

Overall, this is a nice property and very pleasant staff. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
We are delighted you were able to join us for the weekend! Your comments are most appreciated. We will look into the areas where we may better serve you in the future.
Paris, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The weather was poor and the hotel let me check in early. The front desk made sure I knew the best way to get to the conference, since it was at the far end of the convention center. I was also given a better rate than the one my colleague booked, even though she prepaid since I am AAA. Convenient location. The only small complaint I have is that the door into the bathroom closes off the toilet area when the door to the bathroom is open. It made things seem more conjested.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments. You picked a very snowy weekend to be here! Being able to remain inside to access the Tinley Park Convention Center came in handy. We hope to see you again soon.
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have come to this hotel as part of a convention for the past 4 years. Each year is the same; friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent public areas.

The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TVs, all the amenities you would expect and best of all, a LARGE bathroom.

It's located right on I-80 south of Chicago and is easy to get to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review - it made our day! We hope you continue to return for the convention each year!