“Ok place which takes pets”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed overnight with a dog. The stay was ok.
Its probably ok for a business stay, but not a warm and fuzzy place. Its decently priced with a continental breakfast with waffles.
I guess this is acceptable if the price is right.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank adesmar123

Reviewed 17 November 2010

The hallway and room could've been cleaned better. The pool walls definately needed a scrub down. The hot tub was broken during our stay.
The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was pretty good. However, I would spend a little extra money and stay at the Hampton or Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rodeoqn
Reviewed 20 July 2010

When I got my receipt for my hotel stay, a sticker on it said, 'If your stay is not a 10, tell us about it". I would rather tell TA than them. Check in is 3 pm. When I got to the desk to check in at 3, I, along with 10 other people, were told that the rooms weren't ready, and that they would call our names, so that we could check in. About 45 minutes later, we were allowed to check in. The room was okay; there was 5 inch in diameter red stain on the carpet. What is with these stains on hotel carpets? I was there for a concert at the First Midwest Amphitheater, no shuttle was offered by La Quinta. I had to arrange my own shuttle for the concert, oh well. When I got back, I was dead tired, but I did notice the refrigerator in the room made some noise that would have bothered me if I wasn't so tired. It was pretty pricey for one night, $90, don't think it was worth that.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Drusilla43
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I stayed at the LaQuinta inn for 10 days, June 25-July 5,2010. I was visiting the Chicago area and didnt want 2 stay n the city. This location is only 20/25 minutes away from museums and other attraction. The breakfast is good and the waffle machine is a life saver. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. My room was very clean and well stocked. The room didnt have a microwave and a fridge, but i didnt pay for this so it didnt bother me. THEY DO HAVE FREE INTERNET IN THE RMS WHICH WAS A GREAT PLUS!!!! The bathroom is very small so u should plan 4 that. The only complaint i have is the laundry area, They do have an onsite laundry area but i wouldnt recommend using it. The washer dont wash the clothes very well and the dryer is a joke. OVERALL IF UR ON A TIGHT BUDGET AND NEED A NICE CLEAN PLACE 2 STAY LAQUINTA WILL DO IT. IF U LOOKING 4 EXTRA LUXUARY THEN U MAY WANT 2 PAY MORE MONEY AND STAY SUMWHERE ELSE

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Stayed for 2 nights. It was ok for the price and the location.
a few negative points:
- 3 lamps in the room was not working
- the room was hot even with the Thermostat set at 65F
- the bathroom sink and tub drained very slowly
- double bedrooms lacked a fridge and a microwave & had a tube TV
- barking Dog next door - which will be the reason for not returning to this particular hotel.

A few positive points:
- staff was accomodating
- got $ discount for mentioning the above negative points while check-out
- was able to check-in 2 hours early
- AAA discount is higher than AARP (do mention it when checking out)
- breakfast included in the price (unlike other upscale hotels who charge for breakfast)

TIPS:
If you book room online, keep a copy of the detail charges (take a print out) especially if you have discounts with AARP, AAA or senior citizen.

Overall, it was ok for the couple of nights.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel and it was the worst. I come to find out while in the elevator I was speaking to another patron who claims he stays there with his hookers. Wow. And we accidentally left our disabled 2 year old daughters clothes in a drawer and they were stolen by the staff. No sorry from the manager or anything. If you stay there lock your rooms and your car and beware of the patrons that frequent there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank lilsunshine1268
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We arrived after a very long drive to find out THE elevator was out of service and the staff had no idea when it would be fixed. The rooms were decent enough however the floor at the sink area was sticky and the water in the tub backed up during each shower to ankle deep. Disgusting. The hotel provides shampoo but no conditioner. When we requested some we were told it was "conditioning shampoo". No biggie we headed to Walmart to remedy. However when we requested extra facecloths we were told there wasn't any staff available to deliver so we needed to pick them up ourselves. If we were public ready we wouldn't need the faceclothes! Pet friendly is a nice idea however there should be a limit to how many pets one guest can bring. We shared the elevator(once it was fixed) with a nice genlteman and his THREE dogs. We were travelling for a funeral in the area so we chose this hotel because it was close. We were also travelling with our children so we chose this hotel because it serves breakfast and has a pool. The pool was not clean and the hallway to the pool was stinky. We were scheduled to stay 4 nights but we checked out after 2. To the hotel's credit they did comp our movie for the night.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business