“Do not bother!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Do not bother!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here 2 days ago. Room was filthy - dirty sheets on the bed and the staff was less than helpful. I'm a loyal Hilton fan but I will NOT stay at this location again. All I wanted was a clean bed and a place to get a shower - bath was in horribly shape and bathroom was equally filthy. No thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mark j
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
I am so sorry you had such a negative experience with our hotel. I have spent some time trying to find you in our system but have been unsuccessful. Please call or email me if you have a moment so I can learn more of your stay. We do not take these comments lightly and if we have a room in definite attention, I'd like to correct the issues before another guest steps into the room. You can reach me at 708.429.2266 or cynthia.rada@hilton.com. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the right way, the Hilton way!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sewell
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Internet connectivity sucks on the 6th floor. I am a Hilton Honors member and the complementary service is poor at best. At over $200 a night you would think the internet service for a business person would be better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Otto R
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I'm not sure your are confusing our property with another as we do not have a 6th floor but we are taking your comments seriously in case this is a small typo. I appreciate your feedback about our internet service. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am currently addressing this opportunity with our service provider to ensure additional guests do not experience the same opportunity. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.
South Daytona, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is in a great spot and the staff is great. It is spring and insects are plentiful in IL. I killed a spider in my bed the first night and apparently there were more. Woke up the next morning with bites on my leg which itched. It was hard driving back to Florida for the first day. Place was clean and fresh, it is just this time of year, and I lived in IL most of my life, and thank god, I'm not afraid of insects. The staff did a thorough examination of the room and hopefully found the critters. The staff was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Linda J
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you again for bringing your insect bite to my attention and for your patience while we investigated. I know our Assistant General Manager got back to let you know the room is clear of any ugly critters. We love guests like you to keep us informed so we can keep our hotel in tip-top shape. Please stop and see us again when you find yourself in the area.
Lincoln Nebraska
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay was fine. The hotel is very comfortable (fairly new) and seemed very clean and well-kept. The free coffee was good, fresh and hot. The rooms were quiet and the air conditioning was very sufficient to keep the room cool. The extra charge for breakfast buffet was $10 each for all-you-can-eat, but I'm not sure if it would have been worth it. While we were sitting in the lobby drinking free coffee a family went through the buffet and even though there was a small sign that said "$9.99 buffet" the family was surprised later. (The host just asked their room number and apparently it was billed.) We heard them talking to the front desk later about the extra $50 charge and they said no one mentioned the cost. Luckily the host told us there was a cost otherwise we may have done the same thing when she asked our room number. Be alert!

Room Tip: We faced the busy street adjoining the hotel and still heard very little noise. Sound-proofed well...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lincoln_husker
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. This is important information to help us improve. Yes, all staffing should be well versed in all amenities offered at our property so no guest is taken by surprise. My F&B Manager is aware of this review and will be sharing that the importance of knowledge and communication is just as important as service. Should you find yourself in the area again, please introduce yourself; I would love to personally thank you!
Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a project for work that took me to Tinley Park, IL for a month. During that time I was able to stay at a lot of the mid-priced hotels in the area (Hampton, Fairfield) which were nice, but when I saw that Hilton Garden Inn a few miles down the road, I wanted to give it a try as I have always enjoyed HGI's in the past. This hotel was very nice. I like how the HGI's have an 'open' feel to them, that you're not trapped in a box, and this hotel was a nice break from the other hotels in the area -- Not saying they were bad, but it was a nice change.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flyboy1980
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We are the lucky ones that had a chance to serve you! Thank you for choosing our property when you found yourself in Tinley Park. You are always welcome here and we look forward to welcoming you back. Have a great summer!
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel was nice & clean. Staff very friendly & helpful. Pool water was nice & warm. Breakfast has great value, made to order items as well as buffet. Close to the expressway. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Our hotel is great because of guests like you. Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for being our guest. You Can Count On Us to provide you the same service during your next visit.
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We wanted to stay outside of the loop, and within close proximity to Toyota Park, near Midway. This hotel was exceptional. The parking was very well lit, the building secure and the staff very friendly. We had a king suite, and it was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel for the rooms, the amenities and the staff. Very much worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa D
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We understand you have a choice when choose a hotel and we are so happy you chose to stay with us while you were in town. If you have the chance to travel a lot I recommend signing up for Hilton Honors so you can experience the same service at all our our Hilton Worldwide hotels. Please come back to see us, room updates will happen at the end of the year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinley Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park? Share your experiences!