“A very nice surprise!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Bettendorf, Iowa
“A very nice surprise!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I am always leary of hotels and tend to not sleep well in them, but this was a nice surprise! It was so quiet - which I loved! I could actually sleep here! The hotel staff was warm and inviting. The breakfast was wonderful. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. With experiences like that I could enjoy traveling more often!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
I am very flattered to read that we were able to deliver an great traveling experience for you during your recent visit. We do our best to try to give our guests a home away from home, and that is not always an easy feat. I like for all of my guests to know we will honor any reasonable request to make your stay comfortable. Our hotel is an extension of our own homes, and we want all of you to feel welcome.

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Josh Schreib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Brazil
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed for almost 3 months and all the time the attendance was absolutely great. I felt the Country Inn as a very nice hotel. The staffs were very courteous and helpful. Any special requests I had were promptly met. I had many suites (huge suites) and all of them I found a sofa, a wingback chair and a desk with chair. Also in the suite were 2 flat screen TVs, a microwave and a refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and the room was VERY clean. Breakfast selections were good. Every evening when I returned to the hotel I was greeted with oatmeal and peanut butter cookies. Special recommendation for the manager (Josh Schreib) that was especially helpful for me and for my demands. I will definitely recommend Country Inn and Suites Tinley park for my colleagues and be staying at this hotel when I visit Chicago Heights again. It was a very pleasant stay at a very comfortable hotel. I recommend for everyone.

Room Tip: rooms in 1st floor is better because are closer to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronaldo M
Mr. Manzano,

It was wonderful having you stay with us while in town for business. You really felt like part of the hotel team and we were sorry to see you leave. You are always welcome at the Country Inn & Suites in Tinley Park. I hope you are enjoying the dry season in Brazil. Enjoy your trip with your family to the U.S. this summer!

Warmest Regards,

Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in November 2011 and had a great stay as there are many good reasons to choose this hotel. It is right off interstate 80 but far enough away you don't hear any road noise. It has a large parking lot and La Grange Road has every type of restaurant and retail location you could be looking for including famous Chicago style pizza locations like Giordanos and others. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful and shower had good water presure which is a big important for the girls in my family. Only real downside to this hotel is the breakfast area as we found it a bit on the small side and crowded in the mornings other than that you can't go wrong with a stop here when travelling along 80.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hotelforfun
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experiences with other Trip Advisor members.

When you stay at a hotel, you depend upon us to take care of you and make you feel welcome as possible. That is why guest feedback is so important to us. If we aren't aware of an issue we can't address it. I will look into some creative ways to deal with the overflow from the breakfast area.

Please feel free to contact me prior to your next arrival so that I may thank you personally for your kind review.

Warmest Regards,

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My wife and I returned home on 11/6/11 after a 3 night stay at the Country Inn and Suites at Tinley Park, IL. We found the Country Inn to be a very nice hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Any special requests we had were promptly met. We had a suite and we found a sofa, 2 wingback chairs, and a desk and chair. Also in the suite were 2 flat screen TVs, a microwave oven and a refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and the room was VERY clean. Breakfast selections were good and the coffee was hot and plentiful! Every evening when we returned to the hotel we were greeted with a try of hot chocolate chip, oatmeal, and peanut butter cookies. The evening manager was especially helpful. We will definitely be staying at the Country Inn and Suites when we visit family in Palos Park, IL again. Very pleasant stay at a very comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Just off Interstate 80 near many good restaurants and shopping. The suites had 2 closets and the bed...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dub_Traveler62711
Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you will definitely be staying with us again on your return trip, and we will definitely have a batch of fresh cookies and warm smiles to greet you.

Thank you for being out guests.

West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed for 3 weeks on a business trip and was quite pleased. Staff members were warm and extremely helpful. Rooms were very cozy. A very nice stay for a good price.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kendra M
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 5 November 2011
Kendra,

We were delighted to have you as a guest, and I am pleased that you were cozy during your extended stay. We know that being away from home for an extended period can be difficult, and we do our very best to try to make our guests feel at home.

We thank you for the kind review, and hope you will grace us as a guest in the near future.

Safe and Pleasant Travels,

Florissant, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Tinley Park. Very nice hotel - clean and cozy. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful! I would highly recommend this newer hotel. Great location in Tinley Park, too!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Thank you for the kind review of our property.

I agree that we have a great location, with quick access to Interstate 80. We are just three miles from the Tinley Park Convention Center and four Miles from Orland Square Mall, not to mention all of the great restaurants in the area.

Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit and I will be sure to make some great local dining recommendations for you to experience.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Comfortable, quiet hotel with suites available. Also have standard hotel rooms. Nice, firm beds. Friendly staff. My only complaint is the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway. We stayed on the 3rd floor where the rooms are marked non smoking. I learned that for an additional fee people can smoke in their rooms. Our room did not smell of smoke, but the hallway could be overpowering at times. I do not know but wonder if they only allow smoking in certain rooms. The staff goes through the hallway with a spray deodorizer in an effort to diminish the cigarette odor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where smoking is never allowed, if such a room exists.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do have a few smoking rooms on the third floor, but they are designated as such. There is no fee to allow guests to smoke in a non-smoking room, but we do charge a deep-cleaning fee to guests who do choose to ignore the policy.

We are in the process of converting the property to a 100% non-smoking facility, and we anticipate the process to be complete by early next year. Thank you again for your feedback, which allows us to better address the needs and experiences of our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinley Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park? Share your experiences!