“Nice place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a perfect location right off 80. Nice rooms, great pool and workout room. The breakfast I must say was awesome. Stayed here 2 nights. My only complaint is that no one ever came to tidy up during the day. With 4 kids we had slot of garbage and used alot of towels. However, the eveni g staff was very helpful in accommodating us with towels and such. I recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2014
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for staying with us, and for the review! I love our breakfast, too! I apologize for not servicing your room during the day. Fortunately we have 24-hour housekeeping (which is unusual for a limited service property), so I'm glad we were able to accommodate you. We hope to see you on a future stay!

Laurie Mullan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked a suite so we would not have to drive home after a late night concert at the Amphitheater. The 3:00 check in allowed us to relax then grab a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant before the concert without worrying about getting there late or getting stuck in traffic. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The microwave and refrigerator were very convenient. We were sorry we had to leave early the next morning for work, but the breakfast was delicious - lots of choices - healthy and traditional options. We will certainly plan to spend the night again after enjoying a wonderful concert instead of driving back to the northwest side of Chicago late at night. What a lovely mini-vacation close to home!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great review! Love to have you back again--whether or not you're going to a concert!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Due to a series of unfortunate events - medical and personal - I wound up staying here for what was supposed to be a week and turned out to be 5......honestly, you won't find a better hotel for the money and the rooms and the treatment by staff are way better than the Hard Rock Chicago AND the Palmer House if you can believe it....rooms are fresh and clean, the hotel is wonderfully located right off I-80 and convenient to lots of awesome restaurants and shopping and a stone's throw from Silver Cross Hospital which was great for me. They also serve a complimentary breakfast which wasn't bad for free food! The coffee and the fruit and cookies which are available all days made my life a lot less painful. I have a service and therapy dog and they loved it too! The pool is inside and well maintained as well. The only complaint I have is that the key cards for the room door don't always work, but it is easily remedied by the front desk staff. Lori, the manager, runs a tight ship and you would be a fool to stay elsewhere if you have to be in or near Tinley Park. In addition, if you are visiting Chicago, this is most convenient and a lot less expensive than staying downtown as the drive to Chicago typically will take you about 40 minutes if you're not in rush hour. in addition, the nature surrounding the hotel provides a wonderful backdrop of singing birds if you need to start your day on a peaceful and serene note. I would give it ten stars but since I can't it is surely a solid 5.

Room Tip: This location is a great alternative to staying downtown if you have to do business in Chicago or if...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Cheryl C
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks so much! It was great getting to know you and being your "family" for awhile!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay for an evening after our friends' wedding! Unlike other expensive hotels, this hotel served a large breakfast buffet with healthy and classic options. Another perk was the complimentary fresh-baked cookies and coffee in the lobby. Our room was clean and comfortable. They provided make-up remover and mouthwash in addition to the customary shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria K
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
You made my day! Thanks for the great review...we hope to see you again if you're in the area!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped over driving across the country on 80W. My GPS quit on me but the hotel was easy to find. I was greeted by friendly staff and quickly able to check-in to my room. There are many places to go for dinner within a 15 min drive. The hotel offers free wifi as well as complementary breakfast. When asked how my stay was the only word I could come up with was, "perfect!" The hotel was comfortable and quiet but also within a reasonable driving distance of fun activities! I will definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again if passing through the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much! People make our day--I love the fact that we made yours...We'll see you next time!

Shepherdstown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Room was clean, quiet, comfortable beds, GREAT nights sleep. Breakfast was really good and hotel is located really close to a huge variety of restaraunts. I was staying here for my son's ice hockey tryouts so the hot tube came in real handy as well. If your in the area and need a hotel, I suggest you come here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks so much for the review. We hope your son did well at hockey! So glad you had such a great stay...come see us again!

Hartford, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I spent the night here before heading in to Chicago to hopefully save some money. Suddenly, we found ourselves no longer at the hotel, but instead getting my son stitches after broken glass was found in the carpet and he stepped on it. This was in our room. Also, for a pool area to be clean, you wouldn't expect to find broken toys in the middle of the pool as I did. The only good thing about this place, the breakfast was hot, and the workout room, well, it was decent.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairs. If they upgrade or offer to upgrade you to the suite at the top of the s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
I'm sorry that you experienced problems that weren't brought to the staff's attention. I did respond to your email you sent me, and returned your points used for your stay. Per your response to my email, you did say that you would give us another opportunity in the future. We look forward to making things better on your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinley Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park? Share your experiences!