Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park(Tinley Park)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$110
US$86
TripAdvisor
US$119
All reviewsstayed herefront deskpool area looked cleansausage pattiesroom was cleanfree breakfastquiet locationoatmealthe breakfast areawater pressureattending a concertshort drivewould stay here againparking lotbusiness trippropertyusable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It was a good stopping point on my way back from Iowa to Pennsylvania. Lots of places nearby to shop and eat. Room was very clean and comfortable. Was a newer hotel. Service was also very professional.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a typical Fairfield Inn - modern, clean, and near as I can tell laid out almost exactly like every other Fairfield Inn in the country. Everything in my room was as expected, it was relatively quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Also like most Fairfields, it's convenient to the interstate system (I-80 and I-57 in this case). It's also close to several chain restaurants. Front desk staff were polite but uninvolved. The young woman who managed breakfast, though, was both chipper and polite all three mornings I ate there. She hustled to keep everything running smoothly.

A few gripes. First, my room reeked of cigarette smoke when I checked in and I mentioned this on my way out for the day. It continued to stink the entire time I was there and I'm pretty sure someone on the floor was smoking up a storm (to be clear, Marriotts are all non-smoking). Mentioned it again at checkout and the desk agent said she'd try try to get the manager to comp me a night. Either she didn't ask or the manager said "no" as I was billed for the entire stay. Not a real big deal, but don't offer if it really ain't gonna happen.

Second, water pressure in the shower was feeble at best and the toilet seat wasn't actually bolted on. It came off every time I raised it.

Finally, despite the hustling of the young woman in charge, the breakfast offering was lacking. Greasy sausage patties, scrambled eggs, make your own waffles (but no batter after 8AM two days), muffins, and cereal. There was also a small thing of canned fruit salad and a small fridge with yogurt and milk. I saw rack with a few bananas and apples one morning. I've stayed at Fairfield properties with veritable breakfast buffets, with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, real fresh fruit every day, etcetera. This is not one of those. The coffee - Bold Beginnings - isn't all that good, either. But, it's enough to get you going and it's included in the room charge, so, really, how can I complain?

All things considered, given the other options available, I'd definitely stay here again if in the area. It's a nice, mid-level motel and convenient to most of south Chicagoland. I'd just keep my expectations in check.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear DCBoomer,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Tinley Park. Please accept my apologies that you had a less than perfect stay. I'm very sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I'm also sorry that your room smelled like smoke. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, and I will address your concerns with my entire staff. We look forward to your next visit, and it is my hope we will be able to exceed your expectations.

John H.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice, Good beds, friendly staff, good prices. We went here from Minneapolis to see a Miranda lambert concert and if was fairly close after, and a good experience over all. We were going to San Diego the next With a early flight and the front desk guy even let us have some of the continental breakfast even though it wasn't open yet. Really enjoyed this visit!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights to attend a concert at First Midwest Bank amphitheater. The room was very clean and beds comfy with lots of pillows. Complimentary breakfast had a good variety. Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This small hotel offers updated amenities and decor. The location was great for us..we attended a show at the amphitheater near by. ($7 cab ride) The friendly front desk staff was helpful with questions and efficient. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013