“Well worth the drive.”

Description: Phone #: 815-452-2343
Toluca, Illinois
“Well worth the drive.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food ,service and atmosphere are always great at Mona's and Capponi"s. Great chicken and pasta as well as a very extensive menu to satisfy all tastes. Reasonably priced food and a nice comfortable place to dine . Very lucky to have these two upscale restaurants in a small town. Well worth the 7 mile drive from I-39 . Friendly staff and owners that appreciate customers and are glad to see you, unlike the chain, box-cutter eateries. Always ,have been two great places to eat and relax. Beautiful bars, also.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kay84day

Illinois
“Always great”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

You always get a great meal here or at Mona's. From the steaks to the pastas to the chicken to the appetizers, we have never been disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Diane D
Peoria, Illinois
“Good Italian food in Toluca, recommed highly”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Good Food, good service, and good prices. A good place to go with friends for a pleasent meal, at reasonable prices

Visited November 2012
1 Thank GaryMcCully
Streator, Illinois
“Chicken and Rav's”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Capponi's and Mona's down the street, are classic American Italian Restaurants. Both offer similar if not the same food so it comes down to which environment you prefer the most. When you are there the selections are endless but go for the family style chicken for it comes with everything under the sun, especially the raviolls! YUM. When picking a salad dressing, go for the creamy italian, and don't be afraid to ask for more bread.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Gavinfine
Wilmington, Illinois, United States
“Glad we tried it”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My father spent many years traveling for his job and went to every small town restaurant he could. He sent me a note to my husband and me about Capponi's Italian Restaurant and how he hadn't been there is 10 years but always remembered it as a "good" restaurant. I am of Northern Italian heritage and am pretty fussy about my Italian food. My Noni was a marvelous cook! My husband and I met our son at the restaurant so I could let my father know that I tried his selection and if was still as he remembered. We drove over an hour to get there on a beautiful fall Sunday afternoon. I can't say the food was great but the Italian dressing on the house salad (which they sell bottled to take home) was delicious, light and seasoned just right. The peach sangria was perfect. The homemade Italian sausage offered in some of the dishes was good but the sauce on the pasta carbonara was thick and heavy, no eggy-ness to it at all. Probably a bad choice on my part. The baked noodles were good and the noodles were cooked el dente. It certainly isn't the best Italian food I have eaten but I can happily say the food was hot, plated nicely and the service good. The restaurant atmosphere will take you back in time to the 60s. I am glad I tried it.

• Visited October 2012