“Friendly & helpful”

Best Western Troy Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently stayed for a period of work. Decent location for restaurants and supermarket. Had a very good king room which was clean, spacious and airy. Great manageable a/c. Good internet and desk. Reasonable amount of film channels on the TV. Breakfast was typically holiday inn express which meant reasonable variety of hot and cold food. Friendly lady looking after the breakfast area. Special mention to Olivia who assisted me greatly by ensuring my slow puncture in the car was sorted!! Above and beyond the call of duty. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2014

First, Ashleigh at the front desk was phenomenal. Bubbly, bright, and very helpful! All the staff were friendly and very approachable. I loved all the space, we had good-sized counters in both the microwave area and the bathroom. Everywhere was CLEAN! I like clean. I felt comfortable walking barefoot in the halls - which was good because my feet were sunburned and swollen and shoes hurt! The hotel was dated, but obviously very well maintained. We did have problems with our TV remote, but that was our only issue. It's a great hotel that we will stay at again. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The HR for Holiday Inn must be working diligently on their hiring practices, because getting two excellent desk crews, with one in training, is pretty remarkable. The room again was clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: I had no room service or spa. No restaurant in the hotel outside of the quick breakfast option. I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We had a rough week driving and was looking for a comfortable bed and a nice hot soak in a tub. It was great for both. We stayed in a king suite with a jet tub. The room and bath were very clean and bed was very comfy. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only issue was t.v. remote was hard to get to work. Another guest was complaining about theirs when I went in to check in do we just keot working with it. I would be more than willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The front desk was very nice and polite. They were friendly, pleasant and very accommodating. Very good front desk service.

The room was pretty decent. It was clean and acceptable. It even had a bathroom fan which you don't see very often and although it sounds trivial, it's nice to not have your bathroom all fogged up after a shower.
There were some issues however. There was no safety latch on the door. Actually there was the mounting for one but the latch had been removed. I find that unacceptable. I've been traveling for more years than I want to count and the following are things that really annoy me in hotel rooms: There were no lights in the room. There were TWO lamps and they had 20watt fluorescent bulbs in them. I'm all for the environment but I NEED TO SEE! There were NO outlets in the room for the guests to use. In fact, there were not enough for the equipment. The coffee maker was unplugged because the refrigerator, microwave and TV took up all the outlets. I had to unplug the microwave in order to use the coffee maker. There was one bar of soap in the bathroom. I guess you're supposed to use the same one for the sink and shower. The faucet in the bathroom was ridiculous. It was the most extreme in water conservation I've ever seen. It shot tiny needles of water that did noting other than spray all over and make a mess. Finally breakfast ended at 9:30 on a Sunday. Are you kidding me? Why even offer it?

Overall I would recommend the
is hotel. The customer service is excellent. It's got some issues that can be easily fixed and are not show stoppers but rather annoyances.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony Z
Reviewed 1 December 2013

After driving about 7 hours we decided to spend the night about 20-30 miles out of St. Louis. We stayed at this hotel because we trust the brand name. We were not disappointed. The hotel was clean and comfortable. It was a good value for the price. There was a nice pool and continental breakfast with fresh items. Desk staff was polite and helpful. I would stay here again. It is a nice location when you will be traveling through St. Louis and want a good nights rest prior to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We asked for the "nicest room in the hotel"....and were given a king suite. We were getting married in Troy the next afternoon and wanted plenty of room for getting ready. In the middle of the night, my fiancé was awakened by the sound of water dripping....onto our clothes and suitcases. Water was coming in from the floor above. So, the night before our wedding, at 2am, we had to move to another room. Not exactly a restful night before our important day. Fortunately for us, our wedding clothes were protected by garment bags. The hotel did clean some of my clothes that were soaked, but we weren't given any special consideration or adjustment for moving into a smaller room or the inconvenience and stress over it. Although "accidents do happen", I have to wonder if this wasn't a problem already well known to management, given the water stains on the ceiling. I shudder to think what our experience would have been in a room that wasn't the "nicest."

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Cindy B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the issues with the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Red Roof Inn Troy
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Edwardsville
Baymont Inn and Suites Ofallon ST. Louis Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Highland

Been to Best Western Troy Hotel? Share your experiences!