“Nice overnight stop”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice overnight stop”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Eleven hour drive with five to go. So we stopped in Troy, IL at the Red Roof Inn. I have not stayed at an RRI since I was a child. The location is right off the highway with a lot of truck stops. I used to live in the area and knew this was a decent location and that I could trust. I was happy there were a lot of nice restaurants to choose from too. Upon entering the hotel, it was very clean and the staff was friendly. The rate was decent compared to the Holiday inn behind this hotel. 40 dollars less. We got a two queen non smoking room and was nice and clean. The main bathroom was nice and spacious, toilet was not right next to the tub which I was happy about! The kids loved the room. Had flat screen tv with great cable and large cable remote. Good channels to choose from. The view is not great, I-55 and trucks to look at, but who needs a view when all you have to do is sleep. We arrived at 10:30, so it was late. They have a nice pool and a breakfast bar. Elevator was good. The only issue I had was in the morning, the cleaning crew were waiting with their carts to use the elevator to go to different levels, that was annoying. My suggestion is that each floor should have a storage area for their carts, as to not disturb guests when they are trying to check out with luggage. Obviously they let the guests go before they attempted to get on the elevator. We had a good nights rest and headed out to Chicago. This location was nice because if you are headed south it's right before you get to St.Louis or if headed north right after you leave StL. I give this hotel a good rating for the price and location. CrackerBarrel next door too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Prairieprof1,

Thank you for taking the time to review of our property. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your review with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Red Roof Inn - Troy, IL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stained comforter, clogged sink, alarm goin off at 5:45 unexpectedly, stained ironing board, freezing room, stale bread, spoiled juice. Bad experience for us all. Felt bad for our two young boys. Yes and broken blow dryer too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura W
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Laura w,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. I would appreciate you contacting me directly regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

I would like to make sure you have shared your comments about our location not another hotel. Your feedback is an unusual review for our property. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing an experience. I look forward to hearing from you in you in the near future.

618-667-2222
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our first stay at a Red Roof after reading the reviews. Very friendly on the phone taking our reservation and gave us a lower rate than what was online. Smooth check in. Pool was still open at 10pm. Room was unique with wood floors and carpet around the beds. Good standard breakfast: yogurt and cereal was good for the kids. Only complaints would be slight smell of smoke, loud shower. I would go back for that rate though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear John k,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. First hand guest feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future when your travel plans allow.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For folks like us who just need some basic housing on the road, the Troy IL Red Roof is an absolute gem. The facility is clean & neat, the pool is wonderful, and the staff has always been friendly! We arrived late, but our ground-level request was locked-in on the RR website. The rooms were spacious enough for our gear and two bicycles (we were coming through for an MS150 bike-ride). We always stop here as a late-night stop when traveling between Springfield MO and NW Ohio - it gets us past STL at night, and is always a welcome stop for us. This facility should be the gold-standard that other RR's are held to!

Room Tip: We are usually traveling with bicycles, so we are always on the ground floor. The staff has always a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear STEVEN F,

Thank you for taking the time to complete another review of our property. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you on your future cross country bike trips.

Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This was a really nice Red Roof. It's clean comfortable and surprisingly quiet for being so close to the interstate. The big surprise was the breakfast. Usually I don't expect one at a Red Roof.
Check in was fast and efficient and the desk person was friendly and helpful.
I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Cmackay03,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. I appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great value, no complaints. Clean/comfortable/affordable just as their ad says. Newly remodeled I guess, it looked fresh. Shower head really good. Comfortable bed. Our dog stayed with us for no extra charge - that's why we choose this motel. Right off the interstate and in a safe area. Couldn't figure out how to work the TV, but that didn't bother me, had a nice quiet stay. Had an internet computer in the lobby that I used which was handy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Bob W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and your dog in your future travels.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wish all Red Roof Inns were this nice! Exceptional value, fantastic customer service & fresh, modern room. Julie at the front desk was cheerful and helpful and check in was a breeze. Appreciated the iced water with lemon or lime & free fresh popcorn in the lobby. Flat screen TV with LOTS of channels to choose from, wifi with good signal. fridge/micro. Slept very well as the bed was comfortable with nice linens and fat, fluffy pillows. Wish there had been more counter space at the bathroom sink but that was a design issue & no big deal except I've been juicing and needed more room for my Nutri Bullet. Parking lot was well lit and felt secure. Breakfast buffet was standard but there is a Cracker Barrel across the street if you want more substantial start to your day. Freze, the clerk at check out, was amazing as he simultaneously rebooted two computers and issued receipts. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LINDA H
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Linda ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Red Roof Inn Troy/St Louis. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - Troy, IL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
Holiday Inn Express Troy
Best Western Troy Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Edwardsville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edwardsville

Been to Red Roof Inn Troy? Share your experiences!