Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
US$124
US$117
US$63
US$59
All reviewsworking farmlavender fieldslavender productsfarm to tablerio grandenew mexicofrench presssaltwater poolhistoric roomssandhill cranesnorth valleycottonwood treescultural centergranolakiva fireplacebeautiful propertyold town
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Did not know what to expect but went due to recommendation from a friend. Not only outstanding food but a gorgeous old Inn and organic farm on grounds that feel like a retreat into paradise. Seriously this place is worth a visit just to see it and in the beautiful north valley near the Rio Grande (you cannot see it but the fertile valley and big trees attest to it's presence). Set meal and you must have reservations (call at least a day ahead). Shop sells Lavender products made from the lavender grown at Los Poblanos.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Because we don't want to share this great place with more people who have now found out about this hidden jewel. Our forth stay in 6 years and it only gets better. The addition of evening dining should surely not be missed. Perhaps my favorite place to stay in all the land.

Room Tip: We like the historic rooms, but I can't believe you would go wrong in any of the rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here two nights and loved all the facilities. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Had to leave early the second day so we missed breakfast, color me sad! Steak and eggs with green chili hashbrowns the first morning were scrumptious. We ordered a special package so we had lavender cookies delivered to our room (shortbread one day and sugar cookies the second) - along with lavender lemonade and orange juice. Enjoyed the lavender festival and picking my own bouquet of lavender, too.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Oh my goodness gracious, you'll be amazed by all the mature trees here! They're huge! The property has a rustic beauty to it. We felt like we stepped back in time and out of the city. If you love privacy and peacocks, then this is the place to go. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I booked again, after having a wonderful, amazing, glorious, etc etc time last year. This year was just as incredible. They gave me a slightly upgraded room, lovely living room area, nice separate bedroom, lots of space. It felt like my home away from home, came and went as I pleased, rode bikes all days, sat by the pool (which was busier with kids than last year), went to a nearby spa, and wanted to never leave. Thank heavens for the cool and peaceful location, as it was nearly over 100 all days. I was able to get a zen place that left me breathless for next year.

Room Tip: Farm Room 1 is my new favorite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo