“Awesome food, just feet from your room!”
Review of La Merienda - CLOSED

La Merienda
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located on an organic farm in the Rio Grande River Valley, La Merienda is a causal fine-dining experience, featuring the most pure field-to-fork menu in the Southwest. Our Rio Grande River Valley Cuisine is rooted in seasonal organic ingredients from our own farm, as well as from longstanding relationships with local farmers and herdsman. Dinner is served from 5pm -9pm, Wednesday - Sunday. The menu is a la carte, and changes seasonally. Consider arriving 15-20 minutes before your reservation time to enjoy an artisan cocktail in the Sala Grande living room. Our hand-crafted artisanal cocktails use some of the best Spanish sherries, Italian vermouths, artisan bitters, aperitifs and fresh-farm grown ingredients.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had an impeccably prepared, locally produced, meal. The flavors were, in most cases, new to our palettes, but not alienating...simply delicious. The menu is whatever is in season, which keeps it limited, and ever changing!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

La Merienda is one best restaurants we have visited in many years. It might take gps to find it, but it is worth the trouble.

1  Thank keithkanderson
Reviewed 21 July 2013

the setting, the incredible farm to fork meal. please take the time to slow down and book an evening for a truly great experience

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The dining room at Los Poblanos Organic Farm and Inn is a true jewel. My husband and I along with a friend made reservations several weeks ago to have dinner here. It was the perfect evening to sit outside and watch the sun go down on the Sandias. The breeze blew gently through the old cottonwoods and numerous birds flew over head as peacocks walked by. We were greeted promptly and given a choice of where to eat. Water was brought along with the menus. Specials were described and we were given time to talk and enjoy the evening. The food is fresh and beautifully prepared. It is truly gourmet. My husband had the pork loin, while my friend had the vegetarian plate. I had the special of the evening which was halibut and shrimp. All had amazing favors and textures! We were all very, very pleased and will return again.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

OK, so since this gem was not listed I felt it should be. I had found the Inn on here and had hoped to be able to stay during our visit. It was not to be this time since it was all booked. My consolation was going to be at least coming out to the property and enjoying dinner. Wow, such a lovely place and the food is fresh and thoughtful. My husband and I tried different things and shared plates. The pasta we had came with house made sausage that was spicy and delicious. The vegetarian meal of the evening was a Quinoa pancake filled with fresh veggies and a lovely sauce. The desserts were great as well.
We wandered on the farm in the warm evening after dinner and it was magical. I hope on our next visit we will have the chance to stay in the Inn.