“Very nice stay”

Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Everything from check-in to check-out was excellent! Nice-sized room, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast was a nice start to the day, too! Outside is nicely landscaped and the inside is very nicely decorated. For a hotel of this size, I found the accommodations to be quite nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We have stayed in this hotel three weekends in a row to visit our grandson. The location is quiet, the rooms are comfortable and immaculate, and the staff is courteous and helpful. We appreciate the hot breakfast, especially the waffles. The front desk staff helped with some last minute emergency faxing without any question. We will continue to stay here when we visit Urbana.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at this location for 2 nights for a conference. My first impression started before I got inside. The entire property was extremely clean and well cared for. Once inside, I was promptly greeted with a warm smile. The entire check-in process took a total of about 2 minutes. The woman at the desk assured me more than once that if I had any questions about the hotel or the area, the staff would be more than happy to assist. Once in my room, I was pleasantly surprised by the size, style and comfort of my temporary home away from home. The shower was refreshing, the bed was very comfortable and the desk area was perfect for getting some work accomplished. During my stay, I interacted with several types of employees, all were very outgoing and friendly. The free breakfast was good, and the staff took great care to make sure that the area was continuously stocked and clean. If I HAD to find something to complain about, I would like to have seen a bigger swimming pool. Luckily, I was the only one in the area while I was using the pool/hot tub, but if there had been even one family of 4 or 5 in there, I would have felt like I was imposing. Other than that, this stay was one of the best. I will certainly be back next time that I am town!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank L G
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

All the good reviews were right on. This is a very nice hotel for this price range. Very clean. Great service. Comfy beds. Good shower water pressure. Nice, newer hotel that appears to be run by people who care. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BoomerLaw
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is an excellent stop if you're passing through or visiting the local area. The hotel staff are engaging and helpful. It's obvious in the attention to detail ... the hotel owners are hands-on. Their breakfast service went above and beyond the franchise baseline with additional items like mini-breakfast burritos, a wide assortment of bagel choices and a heaping bowl of blue berries/rasberries. On Monday evening they had a variety of snacks and lemonade available for hotel guests. Their fitness center also sports a larger exercise area including a weight machine, free weights, medicine balls and an exercise ball.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wildflower56
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

This location was an excellent choice. At check in I was greated with a smile, checking in was a breeze. This location is right off of the interstate and has dinning options close by. They also offered free snacks in the evening which is something most hotels in this chain does not do.

The rooms are amazing! Very clean, decorated nicely and trendy. The bed was very comfortable as well.

No complaints at all. One minor fuse was the fact that my wake up call was not received so I was a little late leaving. I'm sure this was a technology glitch. I informed the guy before leaving just in case something was wrong with the system. He apologized several times and asked if I wanted anything from the little gift shop it the inconvenience. I told him that's not necessary and went on with my day.

I will return here when back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Thats_My_Milk
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Urbana for a conference at the University of Illinois. I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. For a hotel of its category, and price, I was expecting a so-so kind of experience. But this hotel offered what even some luxury hotels don't deliver well. The hotel is brand new, so everything is spotless. The suite is really of a good size and includes refrigerator, microwave and safe. The bed and bedding was really comfortable, with down covers and pillows. The room was quiet, so you could sleep peacefully. The hotel made tea, coffee and decaf coffee available all day as well as simple snacks (all for free) between 5 and 7 pm. The breakfast, which was included in the daily rate, was good, including real eggs and bacon (none of that powdered egg situation). The free shuttle from the airport worked fine. And most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. Oh, and the price makes it a real deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sofia286
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
0 mi away
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#5 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana

Been to Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area? Share your experiences!