Knights Inn Urbana Champaign
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Wow! This hotel stinks. Odd odor in lobby I can only attribute to the older indoor pool just off the lobby. But the room....I still can't figure out what that stench was. We pulled an auto air-freshener from my truck and it still didn't help. Cleanliness was fine. Hairdryer didn't seem to function. Room was OK. It is what it is at this price point. But wow....room 109 is a stinker!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Musaref H, Manager at Knights Inn Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We are really SORRY about the smell. We are doing our best to take care of this problem, thanks for your response.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The last time I was at this hotel, my son stepped in some broken glass in the upstairs hallway. When asked to clean up the glass, the desk clerk informed my son that someone would clean it in the morning. Outraged,I called down to the front desk & got told his boss, Khalid Hussein, informed all of his employees NOT to leave the front for any reason! Upon asking for his name, to try & report him, he then lied to me,telling me his name was JACOB & told me to leave the hotel for being so upset!!!
I understand it was a Friday night.......& homecoming, but there's NO reason he could not get off of his laptop to ensure safety, but there are TONS of reasons I'm not going to be staying at that hotel!

Room Tip: You want to stay in the southeast end, of the hotel.....it is the quietest end of the building since the owner lives there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jacob j
Reviewed 16 October 2013

DO NOT stay here. We went for my son's soccer team tournament and the entire team stayed here. The moment I walked into the lobby, the SMELL hit me. Cross between Bad Body Odor or cat urine is how I would describe it. Our room was on the 2nd floor and smelled worse. They used a chemical to try to "cover" the smell which made it worse. We slept with our window open. Our room still had socks by the bed, left by the previous occupants and the bathroom was not entirely scrubbed down. The hairdryer was broken as well. We left to play in the tournament and when it was time to come back, I dreaded it. I did not want to face the smell again. The same staff memeber (as noted in other reviews) was not helpful at all and was hard to understand. 1/2 of the team got nauesous after swimming in the pool which had too much chlorine. :( NEVER going back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kathy d
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was a football weekend and this was the only hotel left within 30 miles. It wasn't terrible, but If you can, stay somewhere else.
On the plus side:
front desk staff friendly and helpful
location was good, although access street off the freeway was wierd until you got used to it (use your GPS)
pool looked inviting although I didn't use it
On the minus side
Room could have been cleaner, trash not completely empty, toilet needed scrubbing
Beadspread had a large hole in it with stuffing coming out
"Free breakfast" was pitiful