“Perfect for what I needed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
dallas
“Perfect for what I needed”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went back for U of I homecoming, I was there 2 nights. Room was clean, bed was decent, had wifi, free breakfast, plenty of parking. Not too far from campus. So I would recommend for anyone going to C-U for a day or two.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear sraney63,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your time with us during the U of I Homecoming weekend. We constantly working to enhance each guest's experience and exceed every guest's expectations. We look forward to you visiting us again at the Holiday Inn Express!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Check in was great, took elevator to 3rd floor and when the door opened trash on the floor. Turn left down the hall another piece of trash in the hall. Entered my room, 3 minutes after the maid enters the room. 8:00pm I went downstairs to get bottled water, trash in the hall was still there. Surely the maid that entered my room had to seen it. Elevator floor was sticky, 9:00pm room smells like something's on fire. A/c unit is now blowing hot air, shut it off and went the rest of the evening with it off as I didn't want to change rooms. 9:30am I leave the room , trash still in hall, elevator floor still sticky. Informed the lady at the front desk about the A/C and my experience. Left my number for a manager to contact me, never received a call.

IHG Member

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 13rick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear 13rick,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of the accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we received very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The is a very nice facility with well sized rooms and a wonderful and helpful staff. The facility is very clean and has ample parking with easy access to the hotel. The room has ample electrical outlets and a great work space for the business traveler. The refridgerator is one of the larger micro fridge versions with a freezer and lots of space.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Dennis,

Thank you for sharing your experience with travelers! Your kind comments are sincerely appreciated! I will be sure to share your comments with all of the staff. We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you on furture visits to our area.

AGM
Heart In Texas But Body In Central Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After riding 600 miles we were looking for a place to rest our weary bodies. Upon check in we discovered there was no discounts here for veterans on certain days. The reception did help in calling over to the Holiday Inn across the lot which was surprisingly cheaper. Did not appear to be to cheery of a place to stay. Too bad as we patron holiday inns.

Room Tip: We did not stay here, but I wanted to share my experience with the "first impression representa...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Tim K,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Vandalia, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The room was clean but everything else was bad! There were 2 men in a fist fight right out side our room about 3am. Women were screaming, our 10 year old was scared to death, the police cam and the hotel said they could stay. We were up tip about 5am or so. When you pay over $100 a night you hope to get away from that activity. Then the next morning the front desk informed us that they have no control how their customers act so they would not do anything for us. I would not recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy R
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Amy R,

I am sorry your family was not able to enjoy your stay at our property. This is not the kind of service we want to provide. I would like to follow up with you regarding your comments. If you could please email me at kwireman@hiurbana.com I would appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Assistant General Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on June 3rd with my son. I was quoted the rate of 49.99+ 4.89 tax, a total should be $54.88. When I checked my American Express credit card transactions after a few day, I was charged $144.

I disputed the payment with AMEXP. Also, during the breakfast, I took 2% milk that was expired.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vasudev T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Vasudev T,

Krysllin G.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, and location and value are the best reasons for staying here.

The Inn is well off the Interstate, so there is no problem with road noise.

Rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the breakfast is what we have come to expect in a Holiday Inn Express.

Check-in was quick and efficient, with the clerk knowledgable and friendly.

During our stay there were some NCAA women's championships going on at the University with many of the athletes in residence. Even so, there was no difficulty with service, and our stay was pleasant and uneventful.

Recommended when convenient for your travel needs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you for choosing us and thank you for your comprehensive review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and quality of our amenities.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for recommending the hotel to other travelers.

Dhan M
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Address: 1003 W Killarney St, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-1036
Region: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana