“Charming and relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sylvia's Irish Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbana
Sylvia's Irish Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Urbana B&B and Inns
Princeton, New Jersey
“Charming and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was a wonderful lodging experience during a professional visit to the University of
Illinois. Sylvia is very nice, even nicer than her fictional version, Celia, in
Orly Castel-Bloom's wonderful story "Avodah" (work). The two dogs are also cute!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ProfessorDoctorDoron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at Sylvia's Irish Inn on our way home from visiting family. It was small, cozy, and comfortable. We met a wonderful family from Chicago who were attending Sylvia's music camp. Sylvia has invited my son to come and play a house concert (he's a violinist) and she would pay him! Sylvia was great, the breakfast was marvelous (peach french toast), and one of the most handsome German fellow I've ever seen sat down to eat with us a breakfast. I tried to get my 24 year old daughter up to meet him to no avail. The only problem I had with this B&B was there was no air conditioning in the upstairs hallway or bathrooms and it was very hot when we stayed. I think Sylvia has recently purchased the place so this might be on her list of things to do. Thank you Sylvia it was lovely.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mag121
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

I loved staying at Sylvia's Irish Inn Bead and Breakfast aka Lindley House. Sylvia bends over backwards to serve a meal everyone likes. When I was there she made a special breakfast for a woman on a very restricted diet. Sylvia aims to please. She also loves having a B&B and genuinely enjoys the people she meets.

The location is walking distance from the downtown area and right next to a bus stop.

Bed was VERY comfortable. The Inn was immaculately clean.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank HamiltonSoccerMom
Danville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

I stayed in this B&B because the other B&B where I stayed before could not accommodate me during the week I visited UC. The owner , Sylvia, is nice but she cooks eggs all the time. The rooms are very small and the WI-Fi has many problems. The house is very old and it is difficult to sleep with the loud noises coming from the student houses. The area has not street lights and is not very safe. There were two rapes and 2 robberies during the time I was there. I do not reccommend this place to people traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jman60
Sylvia016, Manager at Sylvia's Irish Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Streets have lots of lights we have not had any rapes that I know off since we tookover the place2003 we live 5 plocks fron the university.
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2009

Myself and my girlfriend are just after spending 7 nights in this lovely b&b. sylvia and ernie were very helpfull. they let us wash our clothes when we ran out of clean clothes to wear. sylvia makes the nicest muffin's in the world. i would highly recommend her blueberry flavoured muffins ''yum yum'' :)... the house was very clean and friendly and you felt very welcome the minute you walk through the front door. we would highly recommend this b&b to anybody visiting the area let it be for leisure or business. thanks for having us and we will be back again for sure.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank incubusdream
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

I stayed in this B&B while attending a conference, and it was great.
The owners were charming and very hospitable. The room was spotless and pleasant.
Free WiFI is always a bonus. Breakfast was delicious.
Conveniently, this B&B is located about 10 minutes of leisurely walk away from the campus of U of I. The neighborhood is very pleasant and feels safe even at night, and there are a few decent restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the place.
Overall, I highly recommend it for a stay in Urbana. Definitely worth adding the extra money so as not to stay in the Lincoln Inn (although definitely go take a look at the Lincoln, because it is hilarious).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Riverdawn
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

Probably the cleanest B&B in Urbana. Sylvia is an immaculate housekeeper and solicitous hostess. This place is hard to beat! For me, the bottom line is the bed, and mine was super comfy.

• Liked — Great location. Super nice hosts.
  • Disliked — A bit heavy on the bric-a-brac, but easy to overlook.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LiveToRoam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Been to Sylvia's Irish Inn? Share your experiences!