“For a pleasant stay”
Review of Sylvia's Irish Inn

Sylvia's Irish Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Urbana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My husband and I, plus two other couples, recently spent a weekend in Champaign-Urbana, visiting our alma mater, U of I, for Homecoming. We stayed at this B&B and enjoyed it tremendously. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were delicious and sumptuous. Plus, Sylvia and her husband Ernie were hospitable, friendly, and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Each room is decorated differently and beautifully. The three rooms on the 2nd floor share two bathr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was a wonderful lodging experience during a professional visit to the University of
Illinois. Sylvia is very nice, even nicer than her fictional version, Celia, in
Orly Castel-Bloom's wonderful story "Avodah" (work). The two dogs are also cute!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ProfessorDoctorDoron
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at Sylvia's Irish Inn on our way home from visiting family. It was small, cozy, and comfortable. We met a wonderful family from Chicago who were attending Sylvia's music camp. Sylvia has invited my son to come and play a house concert (he's a violinist) and she would pay him! Sylvia was great, the breakfast was marvelous (peach french toast), and one of the most handsome German fellow I've ever seen sat down to eat with us a breakfast. I tried to get my 24 year old daughter up to meet him to no avail. The only problem I had with this B&B was there was no air conditioning in the upstairs hallway or bathrooms and it was very hot when we stayed. I think Sylvia has recently purchased the place so this might be on her list of things to do. Thank you Sylvia it was lovely.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mag121
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I loved staying at Sylvia's Irish Inn Bead and Breakfast aka Lindley House. Sylvia bends over backwards to serve a meal everyone likes. When I was there she made a special breakfast for a woman on a very restricted diet. Sylvia aims to please. She also loves having a B&B and genuinely enjoys the people she meets.

The location is walking distance from the downtown area and right next to a bus stop.

Bed was VERY comfortable. The Inn was immaculately clean.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank HamiltonSoccerMom
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I stayed in this B&B because the other B&B where I stayed before could not accommodate me during the week I visited UC. The owner , Sylvia, is nice but she cooks eggs all the time. The rooms are very small and the WI-Fi has many problems. The house is very old and it is difficult to sleep with the loud noises coming from the student houses. The area has not street lights and is not very safe. There were two rapes and 2 robberies during the time I was there. I do not reccommend this place to people traveling alone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Jman60
Sylvia016, Manager at Sylvia's Irish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Streets have lots of lights we have not had any rapes that I know off since we tookover the place2003 we live 5 plocks fron the university.

Reviewed 6 April 2009

Myself and my girlfriend are just after spending 7 nights in this lovely b&b. sylvia and ernie were very helpfull. they let us wash our clothes when we ran out of clean clothes to wear. sylvia makes the nicest muffin's in the world. i would highly recommend her blueberry flavoured muffins ''yum yum'' :)... the house was very clean and friendly and you felt very welcome the minute you walk through the front door. we would highly recommend this b&b to anybody visiting the area let it be for leisure or business. thanks for having us and we will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank incubusdream
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I stayed in this B&B while attending a conference, and it was great.
The owners were charming and very hospitable. The room was spotless and pleasant.
Free WiFI is always a bonus. Breakfast was delicious.
Conveniently, this B&B is located about 10 minutes of leisurely walk away from the campus of U of I. The neighborhood is very pleasant and feels safe even at night, and there are a few decent restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the place.
Overall, I highly recommend it for a stay in Urbana. Definitely worth adding the extra money so as not to stay in the Lincoln Inn (although definitely go take a look at the Lincoln, because it is hilarious).

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Riverdawn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
I Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Sylvia's Irish Inn? Share your experiences!