“Cosy, Comfortable and Quiet”
Review of Sylvia's Irish Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbana
Sylvia's Irish Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Urbana B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Canada
“Cosy, Comfortable and Quiet”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I loved staying at Sylvia's Irish Inn Bead and Breakfast aka Lindley House. Sylvia bends over backwards to serve a meal everyone likes. When I was there she made a special breakfast for a woman on a very restricted diet. Sylvia aims to please. She also loves having a B&B and genuinely enjoys the people she meets.

The location is walking distance from the downtown area and right next to a bus stop.

Bed was VERY comfortable. The Inn was immaculately clean.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank HamiltonSoccerMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Danville
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I stayed in this B&B because the other B&B where I stayed before could not accommodate me during the week I visited UC. The owner , Sylvia, is nice but she cooks eggs all the time. The rooms are very small and the WI-Fi has many problems. The house is very old and it is difficult to sleep with the loud noises coming from the student houses. The area has not street lights and is not very safe. There were two rapes and 2 robberies during the time I was there. I do not reccommend this place to people traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Jman60
Sylvia016, Manager at Sylvia's Irish Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Streets have lots of lights we have not had any rapes that I know off since we tookover the place2003 we live 5 plocks fron the university.
dublin, ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Myself and my girlfriend are just after spending 7 nights in this lovely b&b. sylvia and ernie were very helpfull. they let us wash our clothes when we ran out of clean clothes to wear. sylvia makes the nicest muffin's in the world. i would highly recommend her blueberry flavoured muffins ''yum yum'' :)... the house was very clean and friendly and you felt very welcome the minute you walk through the front door. we would highly recommend this b&b to anybody visiting the area let it be for leisure or business. thanks for having us and we will be back again for sure.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank incubusdream
USA
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I stayed in this B&B while attending a conference, and it was great.
The owners were charming and very hospitable. The room was spotless and pleasant.
Free WiFI is always a bonus. Breakfast was delicious.
Conveniently, this B&B is located about 10 minutes of leisurely walk away from the campus of U of I. The neighborhood is very pleasant and feels safe even at night, and there are a few decent restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the place.
Overall, I highly recommend it for a stay in Urbana. Definitely worth adding the extra money so as not to stay in the Lincoln Inn (although definitely go take a look at the Lincoln, because it is hilarious).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Riverdawn
Washington DC
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Probably the cleanest B&B in Urbana. Sylvia is an immaculate housekeeper and solicitous hostess. This place is hard to beat! For me, the bottom line is the bed, and mine was super comfy.

• Liked — Great location. Super nice hosts.
  • Disliked — A bit heavy on the bric-a-brac, but easy to overlook.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LiveToRoam
Central IL
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Just checked out of this cozy and immaculate Bed and Breakfast after a long weekend with family. Sylvia and her family are very welcoming. They keep this beautifully furnished B and B immaculate. Sylvia makes an excellent breakfast and is ready to help out whenever she can. The location is superb for exploring some of the prettiest neighborhoods in this friendly college town.

We have had friends stay in the same place with similar experiences. We feel the negative review posted on this web-site has no relationship to the reality we or our friends experienced. For us Lindley House/Sylvia's Irish Inn is clearly number one in town!

• Liked — location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — shared bathroom for some rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ILdot
Toronto
Reviewed 16 September 2007

Awful B&B! I am writing now from another bed and breakfast, where I learned what I real breakfast is! All I ate at Lindley House was cold sausages and rubbery eggs.

• Liked — Nothing. It was terrible.
  • Disliked — Everything was awful.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank cocopuffer
Sylvia016, Manager at Sylvia's Irish Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
that guest never stayed at my B&B we know who did this what can we do ?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
I Hotel and Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana

Been to Sylvia's Irish Inn? Share your experiences!