“Nice place to stay that is reasonable”
Review of Lincoln Lodge

Lincoln Lodge
Lincoln Lodge
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is an old hotel built around 1930's-- Has lots of character- We enjoyed a clean room, and everything working well. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was a little lean but there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street and a Baskin Robins. New owner working on getting everything up and running well. Liked the decorate with wood paneling and brick walls. Good place to stay that is reasonable!!

Room Tip: Enjoyed Room 3 - Brick walls and wood paneling from the 30's
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is the worst place I've ever stayed in..the front desk manager and the housekeepers were so freakin rude. The room smelled really bad..the bathroom was dirty..the carpet was filty, was so dirty kept my shoes on, was afraid to sleep under the sheets! When I got home took a long hot shower to get the smell off me..was really bad..DO NOT STAY THERE!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this dump!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeeAnn19
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was in Urbana for a high school reunion, inconveniently scheduled for mothers' weekend at U of I. The reviews would have kept me away from this place, but there wasn't much choice.

My room had only one problem, a defective control unit on the heating and cooling unit. Leo, the manager, rushed to replace it when I told him about it. The bed was comfortable, and the bedding was clean. Towels are small but adequate. A scent of air freshener was noticeable as I was lying down to go to sleep but not overpowering.

Seven people there for the reunion were staying in five rooms at Lincoln Lodge. Among us, we noted minor problems but not the kind of things other commenters have reported. The rooms are spacious but somewhat dark, and one couple had trouble with their lighting. One person reported a delay getting hot water out of the tap in the morning, but this wasn't a general problem. I found the water ran quite hot, and the shower flow was pretty strong. The bathroom fixtures are old but serviceable. Leo was very accommodating, getting us hot water for tea when we arrived. We sat in the lobby/breakfast area and visited; it seemed well suited to the purpose.

We didn't eat breakfast there, but the offerings were the sort of things motels put out: a couple of kinds of cold cereal, orange juice, bread, donuts. There's milk in the refrigerator. The coffee isn't much. (Note: There are coffeemakers in the rooms.) Wi-Fi didn't seem to work well in the lobby, but it was good in the rooms.

We didn't notice anything untoward or threatening about the neighborhood. We walked to dinner the first night at Rainbow Garden, a decent Chinese restaurant in a nearby strip mall. The next morning we walked the opposite direction for breakfast at Einstein Bros. Bagels. Didn't see any threatening-looking people. As usual for a motel, this one is on a highway but doesn't seem to be in an especially bad part of town. It was very quiet there at night.

We paid $100/night per room (plus tax). Posted rates in the lobby are $55-$60, but rates go up on crowded weekends. I don't think it's a ripoff. This place isn't exactly a destination hotel although it could be quite nice with a little renovation. But it's nothing to shy away from, either.

Room Tip: We were in the rooms close to the lobby. I don't know if all the rooms are in the same condition...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank UniAlum
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed here ONLY because we could not find another room on an Illini football weekend when we were visiting our son. The rooms were dingy, filthy, old and disgusting. When I pulled the bedspread back, there was a dead cricket in my bed. I should have slept in the car! We were charged "double" ($112 w/tax) because it was a Big 10 game weekend. The rooms are so bad that I can't believe they can stay open. Aren't there any inspections for this type of place in Urbana?
Do not stay here under any circumstances!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ramekin
Reviewed 21 February 2010

let me make this brief.
1.) door wouldnt open
2.)bugs in bed
3.)human waste on toilet upon entry
4.)garbage behind bed posts
5.) long long long dark hairs in "clean" towels.
6.) one inch dust everywhere
7.) bad bad bad bad area.
8.) they said it was 49 dollars upon entry. when leaving i got the receipt and it said 90 dollars, when asking why they said because we attended a wrestling tournament that is a big event so they charged us double. my kids were afraid to go back to the hotel and locked the door to the car and the hotel immidiately.

if i got into detail you would just about die. dont go.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank missybubba007
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Stinky and dirty rooms! I have to clean all my clothes after spending a night there even though I stayed in a non-smoking room. Dirty blankets and linen with huge spots. Very loud neighbors. There are so many problems with that place that it's not possible to list all of them! Don't stay here ever!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Gizmo1951
Reviewed 25 September 2008

i stayed at this hotel and there is nothing nice about it. the curtins were stapled to the wall!! did not even cover the window. i had to cover it with a blanket! the owners penny & mr wong act like there is nothing at all wrong with the property the breakfast was stale donuts&coffee and they were sitting on a counter i would not let my animals eat from it was so dirty!!! the criminal activity there is just staggering the worst part you can complain about it to the owners and they dont care never stay there again rather sleep in my car

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank txdrver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#14 of 25 in Champaign
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area

Been to Lincoln Lodge? Share your experiences!