“Basic - But OK - I would return”
Review of Motel 6 Urbana

Motel 6 Urbana
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Dover, Delaware
“Basic - But OK - I would return”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here in a non-smoking room, that had no discernible smoking smell in the room, but there was odor in the hallway. The room was equipped with a large dorm-type refrigerator and microwave, The TV was a newish wall-mounted 32-inch model with several Showtime channels. The room was clean, but the bedspread was a bit worn, with old cigarette burns. There was insufficient hot water to shower at 9:30 pm, but hot water was plentiful at 6:30 am. WiFi Internet connection, even in a room at the far end of the building, was strong. It was a basic, OK room at a basic price. I would return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DelMarVaJohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was told I had a non smoking room (I am allergic and there for a marathon) was given a smoking room; called the front desk and was laughed at. The bed spread had burn holes in from cigarettes. Damp odor thru out the hotel.

I would sleep in my car then before there! Disgusting!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank JLLY3
Coralville, Iowa
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Cheap price directly reflected in the room. Non-smoking room clearly having been smoked in as was the entire facility. I was on the first floor and you can hear everything on the second. Fortunately, I am a sound sleeper but this could be a real problem for light sleepers.

Positive note the linens and bathroom were clean...the rest of the room not so much. I just needed a place for 6-7 hours of sleep...I'll choose elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad B
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Bait and switch booked months early but when checked in they said it was a special event so they upped our room by 45.00 even thou I had a copy of res with original price. Clean bathroom , tv remote duct taped together , handle on toilet came off every time used, could hear every door opening and closures. Would not stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Santa Maria
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Only stayed one night but would definitely go back if in the area. The entrance lobby felt very welcoming and all staff were friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom extremely clean with a small 'fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and we had a very good night's sleep. Our room was at the back of the hotel, which was away from the freeway and so quiet. Price was right and we know to bring our own shampoo! We would highly recommend staying here . Just remember you get the basics.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight during the week. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We stayed on the second floor, it was very quiet. The room was spotlessly clean. They even had a towel with the fancy folding on the edge of the tub. The bed was king size and very comfortable. The flat screen TV was nice and worked well. I would stay there again. The price was very reasonable. It was the way you would hope it would be.

• Stayed April 2013
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I cannot give this hotel a bad review because any time you can get a room for under $70 and it's clean, then I believe that is all you can expect. Our group stayed here on 4/26/2013 for one night to take part in the Illinois Marathon on 4/27/2013. By the time we registered for the marathon, it was the only hotel with rooms in the entire town. I usually spend well over $100-$150/night for a hotel, maybe even more, depending on location, so I was somewhat apprehensive about this sub-$100/room hotel. We had booked two rooms with two double beds each. Upon arrival, the hotel exterior looked well kept and seemed to be in an ok area of the city. The front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming. The decor was a little odd....bedspreads at first glance looked like a child's room until we noticed the Motel 6 logo...beds were somewhat hard and pillows were not top notch. There was no alarm clock in either room, which I thought was odd, but we all had cell phones so that wasn't a real issue. No blow dryers, iron, etc., but again, we paid peanuts for this room and didn't require those items. Walls are paper thin, so we could hear entire conversation going on in the next room....luckily they must have been marathon participants as well, as they quieted down by 11. The noise would be my only complaint for this hotel, because trust me, the walls are VERY thin. However, it served its purpose for our trip...it was clean, which was my main concern considering the price. Didn't experience any issues and felt satisfied overall.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind this is a no frills hotel and that's what you're paying for. No issues wi...