Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Fishers, Indiana
“Sleep Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have had very good experience with Sleep inns in the past as far as what you get for the value. While, I dont have a real problem with this one there were a few items that were a bummer. The room itself was nice and clean, with microwave, frig, big clean shower, smaller LCD and what I have come to expect for Sleep Inn. However, the small things... the printer was out of ink, the exercise room was shut down, they had already ran out of waffle mix at 7am, and the parking lot is very small so if you get there late you may have to park across the street at their sister hotel.Not a bad stay but not on par with other Sleep Inns Ive stayed at.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Friendship, Wi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

After checking reviews and prices for hotels in the Champaign-Urbana, we settled on this one and were pleased with the service and facilities. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. We had a room on the third floor and found it to be clean and quiet. We have traveled to and from Florida for the past eleven years and this hotel ranks among the best that we've stayed at. The breakfast was adequate and well stocked.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with no one above us for noise reasons so we chose one on the third floor. The hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Decatur, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed one night at Sleep inn. I was pleased with the front desk staff. The breakfast was what other hotels usually have- cereal, donuts, waffles, etc. That was nice for the price. I asked for a quiet room and was given one. I didn't hear a peep!
I had to change rooms as the first one I was given didn't lock. When I changed, I got a room without a refrigerator. Not all rooms are alike and there is a bit of dysfunction, but I got a great night's sleep, which is what I wanted. The room was clean and functional. I thought about using the pool. I checked the water and it wasn't chilly, but I got lazy and didn't use the pool. Maybe next time?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Warrenville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I went to Urbana for a concert at Canopy Club and wanted a reasonable but clean place. Sleep Inn had one of the higher ratings of the "below $90" hotels. I can't believe the place across the street was $150!! Sleep Inn had friendly staff, clean rooms, newer showers and some rooms have a fridge and microwave. I didn't need this or have it in my room, but the friend I was traveling with had it in his room. There were vending machines on every floor and a continental breakfast which had hard-boiled eggs, a breakfast meat (can't recall) and cold continental.
The best thing about any hotel for me is the bed and pillows. My bed was a tad firm, but the pillows were awesome (you can find them by looking up "choice hotels international pillows" and pick the 20x26" standard pillow). There were FIVE on my bed and it was quite comfy.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge/micro if you need it.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cassign
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed this past Friday for Homecoming for only one night that I booked only a few weeks before for under $100 . I've never stayed here before and I was wary. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The king bed was big with 5 great comfy pillows. The room was warm. They had a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave and the room was very clean.
When I checked in, there were chocolate chip cookies which was a nice touch. However, being homecoming, they could have made more orange and blue effort. The staff was extremely friendly. There are two bathrooms in the lobby and the hotel has an indoor pool. The hotel was very quiet for the bed, but the bathroom with the sliding door did make noise when I was trying to sleep. You could easily hear anything from the bathroom.

My old wish was that there was 4 large towels in the bath when I arrived. There was only 3. Also, the water pressure in the shower was awful and the shower doesn't have a tub. The breakfast wasn't the best. They did have make your own waffles, cheap donuts and some fruit, yogurt and some bread. It is a small area and the tables and breakfast area has been updated from the picture here on the website.

There is more parking in the back if you go in through the northside.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank rnj24
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed at this Sleep Inn this past weekend and really liked the hotel!Room was clean and decorated with a modern decor and was actually quite pretty! Flat screen television,comfy bed and clean bathroom.Hotel overall was clean and also very quiet.We were there on a Saturday night and I didnt hear a peep from anyone.Staff at the front desk were friendly and courteous.If I return to the area I would definitely come back.I usually enjoy staying at Sleep Inn and this was no exception!

If I had any complaints it would be parking is limited especially after returning later in the evening,there were only 2 spots left in the back parking lot.
Had the standard continental breakfast which is fine but the bagel selection wasn't much and only had apples and oranges as fruit choices..no bananas:( Oranges were a little shriveled Saturday and orange juice was extremely watered down.:(
Really liked the small refrigerator in the breakfast area to keep the cream cheese and yogurt ice cold:)Nice touch !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ang1919
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

This is the usual sleep inn as most I've used. Nothing special by far with the exception of a great value.
The staff was friendly but unorganized, this could have been because a lot are college students, the room was clean and quant but needed some minor repairs.

Overall I'm another satisfied customs.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Thats_My_Milk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#5 of 25 in Champaign
Days Inn Champaign/Urbana
Days Inn Champaign/Urbana
#22 of 25 in Champaign

Been to Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area? Share your experiences!