“Average Hotel.....Great Service”

Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign
Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A nice place to stay, but a little on the dated side. The rooms were very well kept and spacious. In room wi-fi was a big plus as well. You will have to try the pizza at the lower lobby bar.....fantastic! Great service all around the hotel, very helpful!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Checkin was smooth and room was nice. Just stayed overnight for a doctors appointment so I didnt do much at the hotel. But if you are traveling to Champaign, this isnt a bad place. For being a PC Member you get a special floor where they have a morning breakfast set up with Coffee and Pastries.Nice touch.

There is an Express next door which may be a little more expensive but they do include breakfast if you are needing that. Otherwise I would stick with the Holiday Inn, they have room service and a restaurant. Plus, staff seems friendly and knowledgeable.

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Overpriced.Didnt even offer us complementary breakfast $216/night should have covered it.Rooms well appointed but we have booked in cheaper,updated hotels.Will not come back..Indoor pool do not have shower area,and is lookinh over the guest rooms -got some creepy guys looking out the windows watching.rooms no fridge,no microwave.generic coffee,very used sheets and towels..200/night?so not wrth it

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank N M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear N M,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us especially with the amenities not being at par with your expectations. I appreciate you letting us know about these concerns as your review will be used to consider enhancements needed at our hotel.

Again, many thanks for the candid review and I regret this impacted your stay with us.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 December 2012

The parking lot is nearly dark and this hotel is not far from an undesirable area of the city. I resided in Urbana for > 20 years and am familiar with the neighborhood not far from this location. The hotel itself is very nice with a few exceptions. Pros: 1. Very quiet in the entire hotel no matter what time of the year I have stayed here. 2. Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. 3. Extremely clean-not any issues in this area during all of my stays. 3. Family pool area. 4. Twenty-four hour business center. 5. Friendly employees- considering the other reviews I have never had an issue with the employees. 6. Complimentary Wi-fi. Cons: 1. No complimentary breakfast, in fact it is expensive to eat at the hotel. 2. The shower water would not get hot. 3. No microwave or refrigerator in the room. 4. No option to pay to upgrade if the reservation is not booked directly through Holiday Inn. Overall the hotel itself is very nice but I a reluctant to stay here if the parking lot lighting is not improved.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Dear luv2travel2beaches,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for your staying with us. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the comfortable beds and had a pleasant experience with our hotel staff. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced due to the room amenities and other aspects of our hotel services during your stay. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 December 2012

The hotel has a fantastic staff! I have stayed here many times and each time the staff is courteous and go above and beyond to make sure my stay is perfect. I travel many nights a week for business and their Wireless Internet works great and the rooms are clean and quiet. They even give me extra priority club points and a free beverage! They even had my power cord to my phone that I left here the prior month. I plan on staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on backside facing parking lot on the 5th floor are extremeply quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The hotel has a great staff and if you stay there a few times they do remember you. Extra points as a Holiday Inn club member are great. A free drink or soda each night is always appreciated. Priority Members have coffee out and pastries each morning. I love the open feeling of the building and when the winter winds are blowing, it is nice to look out from the fifth floor see the weather.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby are best on football nights due to the cheering if you have to get up earl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Rooms were clean. The thermostat however didn't seem to work. Room was too warm for us. Husband slept w/o covers and just a sheet for me, which is unusual. Also had trouble connecting to wifi. Was told we had to go thru google to get it to work. Still couldnt get it to work on iPhone. Didn't eat here so no review on that. Our room overlooked the pool area and it was loud as this is where they do their events. After a long day we were ready for an early night, luckily I was so tired I put a pillow over my head and was out, otherwise I wouldnt have been happy.

Room Tip: Get a room away from noisy pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#14 of 25 in Champaign
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Wingate By Wyndham Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area

Been to Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign? Share your experiences!