Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign
US$68
US$57
US$49
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for our daughter's U of I graduation. I have also stayed here for Mom's Weekend. I recommend this hotel. It is not far from campus. The staff is very pleasant and go out of their way to assist you. There is always an extra touch. For both Graduation and Mom's weekend there were champagne and snacks in the lobby. Breakfast, which was included was very good. Graduation morning there was a wonderful brunch included. Even our daughter was able to attend.

The rooms are very clean and updated. We had no trouble with noise level. There is a pool, but we didn't use it. All in all a great place to stay, especially if you are visiting the U of I campus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the outside. Some rooms overlook the atrium.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kala J, Manager at Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Virginia4227,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay at our property! I will be sure to share your feedback with our team as it is extremely important to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their visit. We are also glad you enjoyed the extra amenities offered especially during the special weekend of Graduation. We look forward to accommodating you and your family again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family in a nice room on the 3rd floor. The check in process was nice and smooth considering it was late at night. The rooms and toilet was nice and comfortable although it seems the airconditioning had a mind of its - it would switch on and off on its own at unpredictable times.

Where the hotel is really lacking is manpower and food. We couldn't find any restaurant here serving lunch on Sunday and the three days that we had breakfast here was Bering terrible. Imagine eating scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast every day. We weren't even offered toast or eggs to order on a single day. The service seems patronising and impersonal to say the least.

We certainly expected much better from a brand like Holiday Inn.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bhateja,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that your dining experience is not typical of what we strive for and I will be sure to share your feedback with our Management team. Though I understand your hesitancy, we hope that you do provide us with another opportunity to provide a better experience. Again, we appreciate your comments and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of those hotels where all the rooms have a window looking onto the atrium. My room was basic but clean and had everything I needed. Front desk was friendly and helpful. The gym is pathetic, a couple of machines, no weights. Overall a good room for a budget price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kala J, Manager at Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear BoltonYankee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property as we truly appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that your room had everything that you needed. On your next visit, please be sure to ask the front desk for a room facing the outside of the hotel if you prefer and our staff will be happy to accommodate you. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

You would think that the front desk clerk, being the first employee you meet and your first impression, would have some people skills. Not here, none. Not a hint of a smile. Not a welcome feeling at all. Acted as if she was doing us a favor by checking us in. When I asked for a local food menu she seemed upset that she had to find one. The evening shift was also rude and unfriendly. They seemed quite understaffed all around. The only nice person was the bartender. She was awesome. Everybody else was rude and slow. The rooms were not to great either. My lamp had a burn hole in it. The room was on ground level next to the pool. I felt like anybody could see me. Not to noisy while I was there because there were not many people there but I see how it could be. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Kyle F,

I would like to first truly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Please know that the service you experienced at our front desk is not by any means a reflection of the kind of service we aim to provide. I can assure you that I will address these concerns with the appropriate departments and they will be rectified. Again, I am extremely sorry that this took place but I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Though I understand your hesitancy, I hope that you can provide us with another opportunity to make this right.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room-wise, this is a pretty basic Holiday Inn, it does the job. I was there for the Champaign Urbana marathon, and the staff was super enthusiastic, really helpful and friendly. Really great, and I wouldn't want this review to reflect on them, this is a corporate issue.

I have no idea why, but this hotel has pillows that are about 12" by 12" and feel as though they're stuffed with leftover laundry lint. (Yes, these are the pillows on the bed, not throw pillows). I honestly have never had a night's sleep ruined by any pillow, until this. (I also don't think I'm overly sensitive, in the morning I saw a good number of people carrying their own pillows).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Kala J, Manager at Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear illlap,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I sincerely apologize that our pillows were less than satisfactory and that it impacted your stay negatively. I can understand your frustration as they are imperative in ensuring a good night's rest. Please know that I will share your comments with our Management team and we will rectify this situation. I do also want to thank you for your feedback regarding our staff. It is extremely important to our team to not only meet but exceed your expectations especially on a special weekend such as the Illinois Marathon! We truly appreciate your business and hope to accommodate you again in the future.