Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
US$64
Priceline
US$55
Hotwire.com
All reviewsperkins restaurantnice poollocated closecomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanchampaign urbanagreat place to staystaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againfitness centerin townparking lotwaffleschecking innight stayvery nice hotelfront desk staff
Reviewed 28 September 2009

As a Hilton Honors member, I am loyal to the Hampton Inn chain and like the value and amenities offered. This was my 2nd stay at this Hampton Inn. The location is very convenient, just off I-74 and close to restaurants and U of I. A Super Wal-Mart is 10 minutes away. Rooms were clean. Wireless internet worked great. Friends of ours staying with us enjoyed the pool. On the down side, the breakfast buffet could be improved. Eggs and coffee did not taste good. Some fruit items were not fresh. Our room had weak water pressure from the handheld shower. Overall, not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed at, but our stay was comfortable and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We stayed at this Hampton Inn which is billed as I believe 4 blocks from campus. Well, it is 4 long blocks. We never did walk. It has complimentary parking which is a plus if you know anything about the parking anywhere near the university.
There is a Perkins Rest. in the front of the hotel;same parking lot. Provena Hospital is in the back parking lot accross the street.
There is High speed internet access in the room. We had our laptop with us and it was great. They do have 1 computer with a printer in the lobby that I used to print out a boarding pass which was great.
There is an indoor pool which is open from 6am to 11pm with a hot tub.
There is an exercise room near the pool.
In the room is a coffee maker,iron and board. Check out is at noon.
Breakfast is served in the lobby from 6am to 10am daily and is complimentary, some hot items. Had fresh chocolate chip cookies one night.
The hotel maids throw away the bath soap after 1 day of use. We inquired(complained) and they(housekeeping) are instructed to do so. I find this to be a big waste. Hair conditioner, shampoo, and lotion are provided as well as a hairdryer.
We were in room 222, no bathroom fan, so mirror does fog up. The bathtub I beleive is set wrong and water sits in the tub; the drain is fine. Did not complain on this one as I believe tub would have to be taken out and leveled.
Had a great stay and would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This is right on University Avenue on the north end of the U of I campus, literally within walking distance of most of campus. It's a typical Hampton with all the amenities (full breakfast, etc.) and was very clean.

Workout room is small (3 machines); it has a pool and a hot tub.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Got checked in with no problems, found the room and thought it was pretty nice. It smelled like it had been "febreezed" or at least freshened, but then the carpets felt kind of damp/sticky so maybe they had just been cleaned? The bathroom was adequate but the sink was in the corner so there was very little vanity space. This is a pretty big hotel, right near the U of IL Urbana campus. In the evening the road outside was a little noisy (it was a nice summer night) but it didn't bother us inside our room. It was so nice outside that I took the kids out for a walk along the street behind the hotel, it was a brick street and not very busy at all. Breakfast bar in the morning was fine, attended by staff, plenty PLENTY of space to sit & eat. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed here for four nights while visiting clients at the UIUC Beckman Institute. The hotel's location was incredibly convenient to the university; Beckman was right across the street! Major freeways and both downtowns Urbana and Champaign were also short drives away.

If you've stayed at a Hampton Inn before, then you'll know what to expect. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The breakfast spread was also large and varied. The building itself is somewhat older but still in good shape.

Downsides:
- Blackout curtains only.
- Nowhere near enough AC outlets for a typical business traveler (i.e., laptop computer, Blackberry, iPhone, etc.).
- Floor around my TV was wet when I arrived. I suspect the previous guest spilled something and didn't bother to report it or clean up.
- Found an ant in the bathroom.

Upsides:
- Great location.
- Perkins Restaurant located in hotel parking lot.
- Friendly staff.

If I find myself in Urbana again, I'll consider this hotel but will also look at other options too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business