“good camprground”
Review of LaSalle / Peru KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utica
LaSalle / Peru KOA
LYNWOOD,IL
“good camprground”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed at this campground weekend of 9-13. Rented a cabin. Was surprised to find a TV in the cabin,along with a air conditioner and a supplied box fan and a heater. I thought this was supposed to be a primitive cabin. The best part of the cabin was the swing on the front porch. We also had a charcoal grill to use and a firepit. Camprground is small and could be a bit cramped in the middle of summer, but perfect for a fall weekend. Also, bathrooms were very clean with hot showers and soap dispensers in showers. Never seen that before. Showers had plenty of room with a bench to sit on, plus plenty of hot water. Did not need to use the store,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BILKAT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minooka, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is an older KOA and smaller than the newer ones. The sites may be a little closer together than at the newer parks. The pluses are that there are many shade trees for those wanting a shaded site as well as many sites with nearly full sun. The restrooms and showers are kept very clean. The owners Dave and Linda go out of their way to make guests stays pleasant. Dave, a former mechanic, will even help diagnose issues that guests have with their campers without expecting compensation. I have seen complaints about rodents here, but can not believe they exist. I think it was a guest that perhaps got yelled at or kicked out for violating campground rules. Another guest complained about not being able to bring his own wood, but due to tree diseases most campgrounds do not allow wood to be brought in. I am hoping to get back one more time before the end of the season. This was my first visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Charles F
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Recently stayed at this campground for the first time. We have a pop up camper and a tent so we had to get 2 sites. Thank goodness we had 2 sites because they are very small. They cram as many campers into a small space as they can. We stayed there because the campground at starved rock was full. The bathroom/showers were better than some campgrounds. My kids enjoyed the pool. It was clean. They had a hayride on Saturday night that was nice. They had a small store for necessities. Decent playground. Advertised fishing but there was just a small creek with about 3 inches of water. No grill to cook on just a small ringed fire pit. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Not very much shade. Backed up next to a cow farm. It was nice to see the cows so close but you could also smell them. Close to I -80. The town of Utica is cute. Not a bad campground I just like a lot more space.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tara S
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have camped at many privately owned campgrounds, KOA's and State and National parks. The LaSalle Peru KOA was great. The owners and their staff went out of their way to be helpful and accomodating. The grounds and facilities were clean and very well maintained. We would definitely camp there again.

Regarding the review about the rats...the only critters we saw were a few squirrels and a bunch of kids playing and having a blast!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank dsj177
Midlothian, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Booked 2 cabins 1 cabin by the creek for 1 night and 1 cabin by the pool for 2 nights, had confirmed this with Linda all was ok...got reservation confirmation via email, all was good. One day before trip they called to say cabin by the creek had to be closed for bug extermination problems. Half our party was unable to come and I was reassured my 2 night cabin was still a go, until the night before when I got an EMAIL that the cabin was unfortunatley only booked for 1 of the 2 nights regardless of what my confirmation stated. ????? They apoligized and that was it! My 4 and 6 yr olds were devastated. Needles to say I got a refund, my 2 cabin 2day vacation went bye bye in a matter of 24hrs before we left. Very unsatasified, Linda never offered any compensation she stated "everyone makes mistakes" . I totally understand but I called and reconfirmed second cabin 2 times. Also called KOA headquarters and got nothing but apoligies. how about a free stay for ruining our vacation, Had to scramble alittle but planned Indiania beach instead. Keeping my fingers crossed. KOA STAY AWAY

3 Thank Gina A
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Clean campsites and cabins, perfect or our first family camping trip with small kids. Had a tant site and a cabin in the shade. Pool was a blast and comfortably cool on a hot day. Kamp store was reasonably priced and had everything we 'forgot'! Everyone on the staff was kind and helpful. We had a very positive experience and the kids LOVED it. Great place to stay and day hike Starved Rock.

2 Thank Sara V
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Our spot was lush and green with a beautiful view of the neighboring fields. Everything was so clean (even the outhouses!). Everyone was friendly and welcoming. We are a family with two young children and I appreciated that everyone quieted down in the evenings and didn't seem to mind that we were up right at 7 every morning. We would definitely stay here again. We spent Saturday hiking at Starved Rock and hit up the Starved Rock Marketplace for locally made ice cream on the way back to the campsite.

2 Thank birdie812
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Best Western Oglesby Inn
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock

Been to LaSalle / Peru KOA? Share your experiences!